★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Card Shark includes a diverse and growing collection of solitaire and traditional card games. Card Shark is iPad and retina display compatible, and features the ability to install custom tables, card backs, and even card fronts.

Supported games include: Klondike (Classic Solitaire), FreeCell, Cassino, Canfield, Basic Rummy, Gin Rummy, Rummy 500, Spider Solitaire, Cruel Solitaire, Beleaguered Castle, Spiderette, Bristol Solitaire, Hearts, Memory Match (Concentration), Speed Match, Calculation, Forty Thieves, Euchre (US), Deuces Wild and Jacks or Better Draw Poker, Aces Up, Spades (non-partnership variant), Limit Texas Hold 'Em, Speed, Batsford Solitaire, Josephine, Red & Black, Sea Towers, Crazy Eights, Tripeaks, Golf, Eagle Wing, Pyramid, Old Maid, War, Go Fish, 13 Packs (aka Grandma's Game), Royal Cotillion, Blackjack (21), Royal Parade, Thieves of Egypt, Scorpion, Pile On, Montana, Canfield, Clock Solitaire, Kings Corner, Russian Cell, Yukon, I Doubt It, Four Seasons, Crescent, Osmosis (aka Treasure Trove), Canasta, La Belle Lucie, Australian Solitaire, Egyptian Ratscrew, SheepsHead(new), Kings in the Corner, Eight Off

Card Shark combines a silky smooth 3d presentation with tasteful animation, sounds, and an elegant drag-drop interface that has been lovingly fine-tuned for the touch screen. Touches and drag targets are forgiving, and piles are automatically split following completed gestures. Touch foundation piles to automatically complete a game.

Why clutter your device with separate card games, when you can stock it with a quality collection that continues to be expanded and improved regularly based on user requests?

Features include:
- layouts for left/right handed stock placement
- infinite undo/redo supported in all solitaire variants
- tap foundation to autoplay cards
- does not interfere with ipod background music
- automatically saved/resumed games & statistics
- multiple cards fronts, backs, and tables with ability to install new ones from your photo library

An online FAQ is available through the in-game help system. This answers common questions about the supported games and offers a sneak peak at features and new games slated for the next update. Feature and new game requests are always welcome.

"Out of all of the solitaire type card games I have tried, this one is by far the best I have come across in quite a long while." - www.geardiary.com

Featured as an outstanding app in Wired Magazine's 2011 App Guide!

pluto6's comments:
I am creating this thread for some discussion - hopefully on this solitaire game. Dev gave out promos today, but there is no other thread that I saw, and s/he is looking for feedback. Chime in if you have some thoughts. I will post my thoughts in another thread, this is just to get the app info out there.

Card Shark uses an intuitive drag-drop interface, which should be immediately familiar to fans of Windows Solitaire.

Card Shark supports a growing collection of classic card games with improvements and additions being made frequently.

Supported Games:
- Blackjack (NEW!)
- Golf (NEW!)
- Royal Cotillion (NEW!)
- Rummy
- Hearts
- Calculation Solitaire
- Memory Match, the classic find-all-pairs memory game
- Speed Match
- Video Draw Poker
- TriPeaks
- Crazy Eights
- Klondike Solitaire
- Spider Solitaire
- FreeCell
- Canfield (aka Demon)
- Forty Thieves
- Beleaguered Castle

Features include:
- colorful fireworks!
- intuitive drag and drop, optimized for touch screen and human fingers
- undo/redo
- choose traditional or large font cards (tap face up card in options screen)
- custom card back colors (tap face down card in options screen)
- tap foundation to autoplay cards
- tasteful 3d animations and sound
- optionally use background music from your ipod library
- automatically saved/resumed games
- persistent settings
- classic felt, sky, and wood backgrounds
- optional vegas style storing
- auto flip
- sloppy or neat piles
- alternate 'mirrored' layouts

An online FAQ is available at the support site and by touching the "More Info" button in-game. This answers common questions about the game and offers a sneak peak at features slated for future releases.

The game includes a handy "Contact Author" button which provides a convenient way to communicate with the developers regarding feature requests or general questions.

What's new
- Blackjack (PRELIM)
- Golf
- Royal Cotillion
- Spider-4

Draw Poker now supports variable betting (1-5 chips)

Added a 4th deck with super-simplified card faces

Critical bux fixes for Rummy, to patch a problem with the 4.2 update

Card Shark Solitaire Free
10-03-2009, 09:47 AM
are there any promo codes? looks like a pretty great game though

10-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Some initial impressions - first thank you for letting me try this out. I have the Astroware Solitaire pack, and a few other standalones. And there is one thing that this game does - it has actual playing cards, instead of just numbers on a card - it actually has the correct number of symbols as well. For the vision impaired, or for those that like that style - there are multiple face options. BRAVO!! Huge Plus for me. Card backs are also changeable, but I never really cared about that.

I played Tri Peaks, and Klondike 3 both with and without Vegas rules. Game plays well. Easy to select cards and get them in the right places. I am generally used to having the Tri-peak cards that are exposed automatically flip over - this one has you do everything manually - but it sort of gives the sense of actually playing with cards - so again - no problem by me.

The card sounds are nice - I turned on classic sounds, and like the shuffling noise.

So far the only thing that I would add would be unique statistics for each game. Games like Tripeak, and Golf for instance - it is nice to see what your longest streak of cards are, it has longest and current winning streaks, I also like to have longest and current losing streak. It has total games won, but percentage of games won is nice - particularly when you are getting up there in the numbers. I guess my main point is to get some feedback on the custom stats that each game employs, and have a lot of stats. The card games that I have enjoyed the most - the stats becomes a big part of the playing.

Overall, really well done. I am going to play a number of the other solitaire games, and probably the poker and blackjack as well, and I will report back later.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezdup View Post
are there any promo codes? looks like a pretty great game though
They were given out earlier, and are gone to my knowledge. You can try the lite. The only other solitaire game that comes close is the Astroware Solitaire game and it may still be $0.99, but this one has more games, and with the dev here, you are much more likely to get things you like incorporated then from a large dev company like Astroware - although they actually are pretty good as well. But they are not on TA to my knowledge.

10-03-2009, 10:00 AM
lite version isn't available in the US?

Edit: thanks, i managed to find one that wasn't used in the batch posted today. i'm looking forward to playing it and i'll post my thoughts.

Last edited by mezdup; 10-03-2009 at 10:03 AM.
10-03-2009, 10:03 AM
Quote:
Don't know...

10-03-2009, 03:29 PM
I had nothing to do with the creation of this thread, and coincidentally I'd removed the lite version from the US store this morning as an experiment. In the interests of collecting feedback, I've gone ahead and re-enabled it in the US again - it should be available shortly if not now.

The lite version has only two sets of selectable card faces, traditional and "large font" (the default). Unfortunately, the default is funky looking, and Apple has not yet approved an update to the free version of Card Shark that corrects this. The default card faces in Card Shark Deluxe are much nicer, and I don't want people's first impression to be the default card faces in lite. The average user isn't even aware of the option to change card faces.

Quote:

Edit: thanks, i managed to find one that wasn't used in the batch posted today. i'm looking forward to playing it and i'll post my thoughts.
10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
I had nothing to do with the creation of this thread, and coincidentally I'd removed the lite version from the US store this morning as an experiment. In the interests of collecting feedback, I've gone ahead and re-enabled it in the US again - it should be available shortly if not now.

The lite version has only two sets of selectable card faces, traditional and "large font" (the default). Unfortunately, the default is funky looking, and Apple has not yet approved an update to the free version of Card Shark that corrects this. The default card faces in Card Shark Deluxe are much nicer, and I don't want people's first impression to be the default card faces in lite. The average user isn't even aware of the option to change card faces.
I can get rid of the link if you like. Im just trying to get a little interest going here, and I also had some ideas on some changes, improvements, etc. Im hoping some others might join in with some thoughts as well. i really like what you have done with it as I have noted above though.

10-03-2009, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I can get rid of the link if you like. Im just trying to get a little interest going here, and I also had some ideas on some changes, improvements, etc. Im hoping some others might join in with some thoughts as well. i really like what you have done with it as I have noted above though.
No worries. The lite version link appears to be working fine again.
And thanks for the really useful feedback - there are a lot of game specific stats that would be interesting to capture and present beyond the generic stats already being tracked (wins/losses, longest winning streak, etc.)!

Phil
10-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Some initial impressions - first thank you for letting me try this out. I have the Astroware Solitaire pack, and a few other standalones. And there is one thing that this game does - it has actual playing cards, instead of just numbers on a card - it actually has the correct number of symbols as well. For the vision impaired, or for those that like that style - there are multiple face options. BRAVO!! Huge Plus for me. Card backs are also changeable, but I never really cared about that.

I played Tri Peaks, and Klondike 3 both with and without Vegas rules. Game plays well. Easy to select cards and get them in the right places. I am generally used to having the Tri-peak cards that are exposed automatically flip over - this one has you do everything manually - but it sort of gives the sense of actually playing with cards - so again - no problem by me.

The card sounds are nice - I turned on classic sounds, and like the shuffling noise.

So far the only thing that I would add would be unique statistics for each game. Games like Tripeak, and Golf for instance - it is nice to see what your longest streak of cards are, it has longest and current winning streaks, I also like to have longest and current losing streak. It has total games won, but percentage of games won is nice - particularly when you are getting up there in the numbers. I guess my main point is to get some feedback on the custom stats that each game employs, and have a lot of stats. The card games that I have enjoyed the most - the stats becomes a big part of the playing.

Overall, really well done. I am going to play a number of the other solitaire games, and probably the poker and blackjack as well, and I will report back later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
No worries. The lite version link appears to be working fine again.
And thanks for the really useful feedback - there are a lot of game specific stats that would be interesting to capture and present beyond the generic stats already being tracked (wins/losses, longest winning streak, etc.)!

Phil

Tri-Peaks with Vegas rules? Wow! Great. I love statistics for this kind of game, including session statistics (every time you start the game a new session begins and every time you press Home button the session ends).

I'll try it ASAP.

iPhone 6 and iPad Mini iOS 8