★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "...a design masterpiece." 5/5 - TouchArcade

Craft, battle, and quest your way through Crashlands, an outlandish, story-driven Crafting RPG overflowing with sass!

Become Flux Dabes, a galactic trucker whose latest shipment gets derailed by a chin-strapped alien menace named Hewgodooko, leaving you stranded on an alien planet. As you hustle to retrieve your packages youll become enmeshed in a nefarious plot of world domination, which will require all of your wits and both of your glutes to overcome. Learn recipes from the local sentient life, make new friends, uncover ancient secrets and deadly bosses, tame everything and build yourself a home-away-from-home as you learn to thrive on planet Woanope.

Key Features

- Expansive Crafting System -
Unlock over 500 craftable items as you explore the world and learn its secrets!

- Self-managing, Infinite Inventory -
In Crashlands, your inventory is infinite, manages itself, and retrieves your tools when you need them, so you can focus on adventuring, questing, and building. You'll never have dig through your bag or return to your base to free up inventory space!

- RPG-Style Character Progression -
Become more powerful through creating ever-more-amazing items! As you grow in power, you can venture to new regions of the world, meet strange characters, discover new stories, and encounter new and interesting enemies.

- Skill-Based Combat -
Learn the attacks of the enemies you encounter, and use your skill, agility, and wits to defeat them! You can even augment your fighting prowess with the power of the dozens of gadgets you can craft. Set your enemies on fire, stun them, slow down time, and more!

- Intuitive Base Building -
Building a base in Crashlands is so simple it feels like fingerpainting. You can create beautiful, sprawling bases in minutes!

- Tameable Creatures -
Every creature in Crashlands can become a trusty combat sidekick. Find an egg, incubate it, and hatch your very own adorable or hideous bundle of joy. You can even craft special items to grow and empower them!

- Huge World... with Huge Problems -
Four sentient races, three continents, an epic bid for the future of the planet, and you - trapped in the middle, trying to deliver your freakin' packages. Take your time to dive into the sidestories of the characters you meet or just rush headlong into making that special delivery. With hundreds upon hundreds of quests, there's a lot to do and discover on planet Woanope!

- Effortless Cloud Saving -
Just because your battery died or you accidentally dropped your device into a bottomless chasm, doesn't mean your save has to die with it. With BscotchID, you can easily store and retrieve your save from the cloud, and move it between your devices!

Compatible Devices & OS:
iPhone 5 or newer
iPad Mini 2 or newer
iPad 3 or newer
iPad Air (any)
iPad Pro (any)
iPod Touch 5th Generation or newer
Recommended iOS 9.0 or newer
01-20-2016, 11:16 PM
Ok after spending a bit of time with it I can give some impressions.

I usually only play turn-based or pseudo turn-based games on mobile, with FTL, Desktop Dungeons and Card Crawl being part of the select handful of games that have remained on my device. Rarely do I dabble in real-time titles such as this. The standard here is obviously high, and I can safely say that Crashlands rightfully deserves a place in my folder alongside the aforementioned masterpieces.

From a technical perspective alone, there are features here that are simply absent in other titles of this type. Most notably, my iPhone 6 doesn't get anywhere near as hot as Don't Starve for instance. This was the main issue that eventually led to its deletion from my device. Although Don't Starve is brilliant title that was ported over with good controls, the battery drain was simply too rapid for it to be a practical endeavor for me. This is in contrast to Crashlands, which based on a thirty minute playthrough seems to use about four percent of battery every ten minutes. This equates to about four hours of play time from a full charge. Not bad for a real-time title with so much going on in the background.

Another crucial aspect is the save states, which is usually a huge source of annoyance for me. This game thankfully has this in spades. It seems to save your current progress in near real-time and really allows me to have a truly mobile experience without having to worry about losing progress during shorter sessions.

These were the main points I wanted to cover because there's been little discussion about these aspects here and in the reviews that I've seen, and so I wanted to bring to light the care and attention to detail here from a technical perspective. As for the game itself, well, there's little left that hasn't already been discussed here and in Shaun's review. I will only reiterate that I also appreciate some time saving features like the separate building mode, self-managing and unlimited inventory and the ability to easily teleport back to base. One thing I noticed that was absent from the review was that Flux can also be controlled by continuously holding down the screen instead of just tapping a location.

Overall I think Shaun's five star review was well deserved. It might just get a permanent place on my device, which is really telling for someone that has a library of only a handful of games that has survived the dreaded long-press to delete.

Last edited by zen_mode; 01-23-2016 at 06:00 PM.

01-20-2016, 11:17 PM
Ummm, can't seem to find it :l
01-20-2016, 11:18 PM
Ohhh yes !!
01-20-2016, 11:19 PM
Originally Posted by SonixManix View Post
Ummm, can't seem to find it :l
Hasn't propagated through the search database. You will have to click on the direct link for now.
01-20-2016, 11:20 PM
01-20-2016, 11:21 PM
I'm just going to buy it.. I can't even be bothered to wait for impressions. So excited! And it has a low device requirement (I can't even buy Dungelot).

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar
01-20-2016, 11:22 PM
Been waiting... Glad it's finally here.
01-20-2016, 11:24 PM
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
I'm just going to buy it.. I can't even be bothered to wait for impressions. So excited! And it has a low device requirement (I can't even buy Dungelot).
Impressions are for squares. Live life on the edge and grab it now.
01-20-2016, 11:25 PM
Tis purchased