★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Good platforming Games

10-03-2009, 10:27 AM
Good platforming Games

Over the past few weeks I have started to enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog on the iPod, and right now I am wondering if anyone here knows of any game that is like Sonic in regards of platforming?
I am in the mood for some jumping =D
Prices are not a problem, and I am using a Second Gen iPod Touch 8Gig if that matters at all
10-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Castle of Magic and Bounce On have a lot of jumping. Rolando 1 & 2 isn't like Sonic and stuff.

Add me on Steam for TF2: eggzbacon

10-03-2009, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyBlue View Post
Over the past few weeks I have started to enjoy Sonic the Hedgehog on the iPod, and right now I am wondering if anyone here knows of any game that is like Sonic in regards of platforming?
I am in the mood for some jumping =D
Prices are not a problem, and I am using a Second Gen iPod Touch 8Gig if that matters at all
Bounce On is a good one... 2.99 I think... It has 4 worlds with a 5th coming soon.
10-03-2009, 10:39 AM
For the best value I'd go with Castle of Magic ($0.99)... But if you already have that one there is the classic Mega Man II ($4.99) and Bounce On ($3.99)... Another unique platformer I like is Ignite ($1.99)
10-03-2009, 10:42 AM
Spy bot chronicles is an amazing platformer. Graphics are awesome there are 4 worlds hidden levels and collectables you find throughout the game. This is the best platformer as of now I think
10-03-2009, 10:50 AM
I am trying out the lite versions of Castle Of Magic and bounce on. From what I have seen from the pictures, they both look promising, Thanks to everyone who recommended a game
10-03-2009, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiffyone View Post
You enjoyed Sonic on iPhone/touch?

I like the game as much as the next guy, it's a classic, but the iPhone/touch version is just...wow...it's severely unoptimized.

Anyway, here are some good platformers:
I didn't really find anything wrong with the game, only like once did I notice slowdown and I find it run to just pick up and play when I am sitting in the car with nothing better to do, Maybe I am blinded by Nostalgia or something
Also thanks for the list
10-03-2009, 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparkyBlue View Post
I didn't really find anything wrong with the game, only like once did I notice slowdown and I find it run to just pick up and play when I am sitting in the car with nothing better to do, Maybe I am blinded by Nostalgia or something
Also thanks for the list
Castle of Magic
Spy Bot Chronicles

Beta Testing/ed: Undercroft, Baseball Superstars 2010, Battle for Wesnoth, Fuzion, Twilight Golf, Indestructible Tank, Nanomechs Online Multi, Plushed, Ground Effect, Castlecraft, Inotia 2, Boom it Up, Guerrilla Bob, Caligo Chaser, Vanquish, IMO, Crunchy Orbs, Zenonia 2, Luna Story, Aralon, Shadow Era, Hybrid 2