★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The East New World is a retro-inspired action platformer game with the high quality pixel art style. Any screenshot in the game is a wonderful picture.

Long long ago, there was a country "The Kingdom of Warrior", people there were strong and brave. After the King selling the soul of the country to The Evil Space, everyone turns into a killer who takes the assassination mission for it. Buta's wife Icy refused the mission,as a price, she died.Poor Buta begins his revenge - fight for love!

Reviews:
"The East New World is a premium action RPG that is well worth a look." - PocketGamer

Features:
- 81 the most elaborate levels
- 9 high intelligence and very challenging bosses
- 20 weapons with unique special attacks and skills
- 20+ costumes with specific abilities
- 30+ relics that grant you abilities
- 4 secret very hard levels with high yield
- Boss Rush and Time Rush for high-end players to challenge
- Decorate your home with souvenirs
- Customizable touch controls
- Universal app. Works on iPad, iPhone and iPod touch.
- Game Center leaderboards and achievements
- Premium game. No IAP or Ads ever.
- Controller supported for Apple MFI

Gamepad:
A - Attack or Enter
B - Jump
X - Slide down
01-23-2016, 03:18 PM
Oooo, I'm gonna grab this.

01-23-2016, 03:27 PM
The artwork is great. The engrish is pretty funny. The controls are tight. Overall a fun game.
01-23-2016, 03:41 PM
Let's see: we have a story-driven action platformer with tight controls, complex level design (including multiple paths and secret areas), RPG elements, decent pixel art and animation, collectibles and achievements, boss fights, NPCs, a fair amount of challenge, and, as far as I can tell, decent number of levels. Oh, and it's premium with no IAPs.

It's no Dust, but still pretty darn good, and a welcome Saturday surprise.
01-23-2016, 03:56 PM
it's like goblin sword!!! but with an asian skin

im a rpg loving kind of guy
01-23-2016, 04:15 PM
Not to be a jerk, but where the hell are the anti- freemium zealots? This is exactly the kind of game they should be supporting.
01-23-2016, 04:46 PM
Yo! Who brought this out?
01-23-2016, 05:55 PM
I had to ask LEO what a zealot is...lol.

A post like squarezero's on such an interesting and good looking platformer...i jumped over my 2pgaw-rule, and yep, nice Goblin and Xolan's sword vibes come up.
I'm only 4 levels in and my reckless playstyle was punished quickly. Quite a nice little challenge right from the beginning. Great!

Super tight and customizable controls, in-game achievements, hidden rooms, upgrades and much more...everything i want.

I had twice a little frame drop on my 5s, 8.4.1, but after a reboot it runs smooth again.

Well worth the two bucks, you zealots.
01-23-2016, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
Oooo, I'm gonna grab this.
Same here, looks very cool. I'm really digging the art style. How are the controls?
01-23-2016, 06:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cthulhufan View Post
Same here, looks very cool. I'm really digging the art style. How are the controls?
See comments above :-).

I should note that there's a surprising amount of depth here, especially on the RPG aspects of the game. Not only are weapons upgradable, but they have different abilities -- going for higher damage could remove your magical abilities, for example. As you level up you, you choose between more HP, more damage, or higher chance for a crit. Armor can also be upgraded, you can purchase (with in-game gold) buffs for particularly difficult levels, etc.

Qwertz is absolutely right, BTW: careless play will definitely get you killed.