★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Produce your own hit anime starring a character of your making!

Select a face, body, and presto! Your completed hero can then explode onto the scene of your show, wowing watchers to rule the rankings! Categories include "Dateability," "Popular with Kids," and more! As the animaestro, only you can bring status to your studio!

Speaking of your studio, equip it with a library, motion capture room, and even a theater! Educate your staff in the anime way to craft a classic that will echo through the generations!

Ready to hit the drawing board?

--
Try searching for "Kairosoft" to see all of our games, or visit us at http://kaipa.jp. Be sure to check out the wildly popular Game Dev Story for your mobile device or PC as well as our collection of FREE games!

Eli's comments:

Anime Studio Story

Kairosoft Co.,Ltd
Genres: Games Entertainment Strategy Simulation
$4.99 USD

Quote:
Produce your own hit anime starring a character of your making!

Select a face, body, and presto! Your completed hero can then explode onto the scene of your show, wowing watchers to rule the rankings! Categories include "Dateability," "Popular with Kids," and more! As the animaestro, only you can bring status to your studio!

Speaking of your studio, equip it with a library, motion capture room, and even a theater! Educate your staff in the anime way to craft a classic that will echo through the generations!

Ready to hit the drawing board?

--
Try searching for "Kairosoft" to see all of our games, or visit us at http://kaipa.jp. Be sure to check out the wildly popular Game Dev Story for your mobile device or PC as well as our collection of FREE games!

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 30.9MB

01-27-2016, 10:16 AM
Instant buy!

01-27-2016, 10:16 AM
A.k.a game dev story: anim edition
01-27-2016, 10:34 AM
This is just game dev story
01-27-2016, 12:41 PM
Bought this for my ipad for playing in landscape...but its little laggy and feel slow sometimes...please fix this dev...I was playing this on my iPad 3 ios 9.2.1
01-27-2016, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
This is just game dev story
....yeah, pretty much everything Kairosoft does rides on the Game Dev Story coattails. It's actually really, really unbelievable how they keep getting away with it.

Next up: Cowboy Hat Story! "It's like Game Dev Story, except all the characters are wearing huge cowboy hats!"

TA forums, in perfectly-synced unison: "INSTABUY!"
01-27-2016, 01:13 PM
Oh sure the moment I can't get it, it releases.... 😔 maybe in a few weeks. I'll find a way.
01-27-2016, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post
....yeah, pretty much everything Kairosoft does rides on the Game Dev Story coattails. It's actually really, really unbelievable how they keep getting away with it.

Next up: Cowboy Hat Story! "It's like Game Dev Story, except all the characters are wearing huge cowboy hats!"

Yet each game also adds its own flair. Played this on android. It is a bit tougher than dev story was.
01-27-2016, 02:08 PM
I think this is my favorite Kairosoft game besides Game Dev Story. In my opinion it is the closest spiritual successor to GDS. I recently switched back to iOS from Android so this is great news! (I was sad I couldn't find this in the iOS store).
01-27-2016, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quazonk View Post

Rather have this then the same old endless runner with new paint released every week. Kairosoft knows what they are good at and they do it well. Some may be tired of it, but that's just sequels in general I guess.