★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "offers up a shooting experience on par with many big development studios" - 4/5 TouchArcade.com

"a great bullet hell shooter with a high degree of both challenge and style" - supergamedroid.com

Hectic Space 2 is an intense shooter in pixelly retro style. Fight in epic boss battles, collect and unlock powerful upgrades while dodging a screen full of bullets and enemies.

Features :
- Huge and epic boss battles, with unique boss mechanics.
- Randomised enemy waves to keep you on your toes.
- Unlock more weapons and upgrades to help you fight.
- Easy touch control, hard to master enemies.

jswiney's comments:

App Store Link (looks like the app info is still processing)

Here's the Trailer :

01-27-2016, 08:51 PM
Ok!

So I started playing. I'm using the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1

One small but serious issue. There's needs to be increased sensitivity or a slider with variable sensitivity for the slider on the left. If I start from the center and slide all the way up, the ship goes to the top of the screen. That seems ok, however, if I start from the center and slide all the way to the bottom of the screen the ship stops no where close to the bottom of the screen! I have to slide a SECOND time to get the ship to the bottom.

This is effecting my gameplay and making it difficult to play effectively.

Billy

EDIT- even with the sensitivity I've played through the first boss. Wow. I really like this game. Nice job dev. That first boss was pretty cool.

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 01-27-2016 at 10:37 PM.

01-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Ok!

So I started playing. I'm using the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1

One small but serious issue. There's needs to be increased sensitivity or a slider with variable sensitivity for the slider on the left. If I start from the center and slide all the way up, the ship goes to the top of the screen. That seems ok, however, if I start from the center and slide all the way to the bottom of the screen the ship stops no where close to the bottom of the screen! I have to slide a SECOND time to get the ship to the bottom.

This is effecting my gameplay and making it difficult to play effectively.

Billy

EDIT- even with the sensitivity I've played through the first boss. Wow. I really like this game. Nice job dev. That first boss was pretty cool.
Thanks for the great feedback, I will definitely look into implementing a sensitivity slider for an update.
Glad you liked the Boss!
01-28-2016, 08:35 AM
Loved the first one, still on my phone. Now to try the second. Love this one too. The graphics improvements are great. Same excellent game play.

Last edited by sleb; 01-28-2016 at 08:42 AM.
01-28-2016, 11:55 AM
The original took me by storm. Simple, yet very challenging and addicting. Easy for me to give this one a try...

After re-installing the game twice, with ad-blocker on and off, still no support possible. It hangs on the loading screen forever. Iphone 5s, version 8.4.1.
01-28-2016, 12:36 PM
Same here.

I went to purchase the game and I can't. It's simply loading forever. I can't even view my unlocks. I cannot do anything.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled as well.

iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1

Ads work fine. But no way can I purchase the game.

Billy
01-28-2016, 04:35 PM
Looks cool. I just discovered his Match the Deck Poker, which is really good!
All it needs is visual color theme options.

Last edited by vectorarchitekt; 01-28-2016 at 05:08 PM.
01-28-2016, 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordShad0wz View Post
Same here.

I went to purchase the game and I can't. It's simply loading forever. I can't even view my unlocks. I cannot do anything.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled as well.

iPhone 6 running iOS 9.2.1

Ads work fine. But no way can I purchase the game.

Billy
I have been investigating the loading forever, and it seems to be that the inapp purchases can't initialise, from some research I have done apparently it can be because the inapp purchases aren't indexed across all the app stores (apparently this can take 24 hours). Sorry for the inconvenience. According to others who had a similar problem the inapp purchases started working around 24 hours after release. I keep and eye on it and keep you updated. Thanks for Playing!
01-28-2016, 05:43 PM
I'll keep trying. Is it tied to game center in anyway?

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswiney View Post
I have been investigating the loading forever, and it seems to be that the inapp purchases can't initialise, from some research I have done apparently it can be because the inapp purchases aren't indexed across all the app stores (apparently this can take 24 hours). Sorry for the inconvenience. According to others who had a similar problem the inapp purchases started working around 24 hours after release. I keep and eye on it and keep you updated. Thanks for Playing!
01-28-2016, 07:31 PM
It looks like the inapp purchases have propagated and are now working. So you can now view your unlocks, and remove the ads if you are so inclined