★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: I can't help but recommend Red Baron

12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
I can't help but recommend Red Baron

The "game" consists of two buttons - the first immediately activates the vibrate, the second has a delayed vibrate. That's it (at least all I can figure). Still, there is something neat about having an automatic vibrate button - it may even have some "other" applications.

Allegedly, "Red Baron takes the hard work out of plane flying. You no longer have to make your own engine and machine gun sound effects. Red Baron reacts to your hand movements, speeding up with you, following every swerve and dive." I'm not sure about any of that (there was no reaction to my hand movements), but there are definitely two big red buttons that have a LOT of potential.
12-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Not even a link? And what about a screenshot?

Where is (with all respect possible) the new game topic quality control??
12-23-2008, 10:42 AM
Do you actually see the plane flying because that's not on the screenshots its just the home page and two buttons.

I think this is the link- http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=300611124&mt=8
12-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Senior Member [Original Poster]
You have a quick picture of the plane for a second, then you see the Fire and Drop Bomb buttons. When you press on either, the icons are pushed in noticeably and you feel an immediate or delayed vibrate, depending on which button.

That's it - it's completely unresponsive to handmovement. And yet I'm going to keep it.

I'm wondering if the developer knew this program would have other uses since as a game it is incredibly lame.