★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Lost Journey" is a puzzle game of space exploration, we have received:
"2015 IndiePlay Best Mobile Game" nomination
"2014 Imagine Cup" award in China
"2014's most anticipated ID @ Xbox game"

On a Journey Lost, but not without Hope

An angel of heaven comes to Jennifer in the form of a butterfly. This plane of existence mirrors the serene world she left behind, but there are secrets memories hidden here. As Jennifer collects the shards of her memories, she confronts many trials, but the happy memories and her strength of spirit solidify her resolve, spurring her onward. With her guide at her side, Jennifer sifts through time and space, reverses gravity, and does the otherwise impossible to find her happiness and her way back to heaven. Jennifer will uncover the truth; she will reach the end of her Lost Journey.

The serene music and uplifting backgrounds in Lost Journey convey hope and beauty even in the journey after death. Through Jennifer, players realize that their own strength of spirit will carry them through their own trials in life, and ultimately allow them to reach the end of any Lost Journey.

Game Features
Colorful, soulful artwork draws players into the story and journey.
Players can literally flip the scene to expose new paths and opportunities.
Reverse Gravity, Bend Time, Manipulate Space this reality is not as straightforward as it appears!
Music nicely compliments the Asian setting and relaxed feel of the game.

Contact Us
WeChat: search for "soulgamestudio"
Facebook page: https: //www.facebook.com/SoulGameFans
01-29-2016, 12:08 AM
This looks like this could be amazing. Anyone try this one yet?

01-29-2016, 02:36 AM
Ooh, looks like a new version of the 'SHIFT' mechanic. I used to love that game. Hopefully this one will be just as clever - it certainly looks nice.
01-29-2016, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
Ooh, looks like a new version of the 'SHIFT' mechanic. I used to love that game. Hopefully this one will be just as clever - it certainly looks nice.
Those screenshots are just bits and pieces of different levels put together.

I picked it up yesterday and it really is quite good, it's just a tad bit safe. I mean safe as an overall package, but having finished the first 1 and a half worlds, there's some really clever level design and it's stupidly recommended for a dollar. There's absolutely no reason this shouldn't be in the $2.99 to $4.99 range, but this is the App Store for ya.

There's no shifting to be done, but in the first world a "flip the world the world upside-down" mechanic is introduced, and the second world employs a Gravity Guy-like mechanic. It's all quite seamless in implementation, but I can't help feel like it could be more...daring. Then again, In Between does make everything else in the genre seem a little safe.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-29-2016 at 04:25 AM.
01-29-2016, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Those screenshots are just bits and pieces of different levels put together.

I picked it up yesterday and it really is quite good, it's just a tad bit safe. I mean safe as an overall package, but having finished the first 1 and a half worlds, there's some really clever level design and it's stupidly recommended for a dollar. There's absolutely no reason this shouldn't be in the $2.99 to $4.99 range, but this is the App Store for ya.

There's no shifting to be done, but in the first world a "flip the world the world upside-down" mechanic is introduced, and the second world employs a Gravity Guy-like mechanic. It's all quite seamless in implementation, but I can't help feel like it could be more...daring. Then again, In Between does make everything else in the genre seem a little safe.
Lol, yep, In Between was awesome. To bad you, me, and a maybe a couple of others here are the only ones who tried it. I can't believe they edited the trailer that way. It almost seems dishonest. Thanks for the info!

Last edited by metalcasket; 01-29-2016 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Edited part of quote to match edit above
01-29-2016, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolpepper43 View Post
Lol, yep, In Between was awesome. To bad you, me, and a maybe a couple of others here are the only ones who tried it. I can't believe they edited the trailer that way. It almost seems dishonest. Thanks for the info!
Yeah, it's almost a crime how little attention In Between got. I don't think I'll ever delete it.

Also, the app description here mentions being able to manipulate spaces. Maybe you can actually move the levels around in later stages. I'll have to keep at it.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
01-29-2016, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Yeah, it's almost a crime how little attention In Between got. I don't think I'll ever delete it.

Also, the app description here mentions being able to manipulate spaces. Maybe you can actually move the levels around in later stages. I'll have to keep at it.
I am trying to locate "In Between" on itunes and can't find it. Is it titled "In Between Mobile" for AUD$2.99?

Thanks!
01-29-2016, 02:44 PM
+1 on metalcasket's strong recommendation.

Got the game. Agree with the game leverages the mechanics of Shift. To the developer's credit, the puzzles are very well designed and quite clever. So far, totally enjoying it and found it to be a surprisingly competent puzzle game.
01-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorrick View Post
I am trying to locate "In Between" on itunes and can't find it. Is it titled "In Between Mobile" for AUD$2.99?

Thanks!
Absolutely. That's the one.

01-29-2016, 08:36 PM
Wow, nearly everyone in this thread are fans of In Between! That game was great.
Picking this one up now, but after playing The Witness on PC, I don't think I'll every truly be gobsmacked by a puzzle game. The Witness is going to head to iOS in a year or so and I would highly recommend getting it then (if you haven't got it on PC yet).
Also MC, the 'shift' mechanic is the turning the world upside down and your character going into the negative space. It's an old game from a while back, I think there were 4 in the series. I'm interested in seeing how this game will develop the mechanic.