★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[CA][Soft Launch] Like a Boss! (by Skyshine Games)

01-29-2016, 07:06 PM
[CA][Soft Launch] Like a Boss! (by Skyshine Games)

Like a Boss!

Skyshine Games
Genres: Games Strategy Entertainment Role-Playing
Free

Quote:
Have you ever wanted to know what it's like to be the evil boss that all those pesky heroes fight? Now you can in Like A Boss, a strategic battle game where YOU take on the role of the boss! Fight off guilds of heroes trying to take your loot, smash up their cities, and become the most legendary boss in all the land.

- Play as the Evil Boss: protect your epic loot against any raider that would dare to face you!

- MMORPG AI: the heroes that fight you will use tactics we all know and love from popular MMORPGs - smash the healers hiding behind the tanks to cause them to wipe.

- Destroy the Heroes: those pathetic adventurers will know who's truly the Boss!

- Craft Legendary Gear: collect recipes and minerals to create the most powerful items ever seen!

- Challenging Gameplay: REAL bosses don't just stand there waiting for timers... they grab a sword and wreak havoc on their enemies!

- Epic Campaign: start as a weak Quest Monster and fight your way through the ranks until you are an epic Raid Boss!

- Grow in Size: as you progress you grow to become a huge Fire Breathing Dragon, a Skeletal Titan or a monstrous Kraken from the Depths in your quest for power.

- Impressive Graphics: nothing looks as good as crushing the heroes' city in retro 3D graphics!

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 8.0

Download Size: 141.5MB

I gave three and half stars to your favorite game.
01-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Got to play this one at PAX South 2016, have some impressions here. Wound up finding this one in soft launch while hunting down assets, so if you wanna check it out, here you go.

I gave three and half stars to your favorite game.

01-29-2016, 07:36 PM
Anyone give it a try yet?
01-29-2016, 07:46 PM
Out of all the stores I have, it had to be Canada ???
01-29-2016, 09:41 PM
I gave it a try and man gotta say Im impressed! Cant wait for the final release, I really didnt expect it to be as fun as it actually is... and not only funny but it seems to be a pretty deep game as well, definitely recommend it
01-29-2016, 10:08 PM
Just created a Canadian apple id to test this game and I have to say, It looks very promising, works really well, no virtual joysticks, fun gameplay, good jokes, I definitely recommend.
01-30-2016, 01:04 AM
I've been waiting to try this when it was announced years ago. Is it just me or you can't keep playing after the end of tutorial where you get slapped with "Server Error" loops?
01-30-2016, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocythoe View Post
I've been waiting to try this when it was announced years ago. Is it just me or you can't keep playing after the end of tutorial where you get slapped with "Server Error" loops?
I got to the part where I'm supposed to upgrade the first skill. The upgrade button is gray and I can't click anywhere on the screen, so it's stuck.

Now it won't load, just black screen. Shane it looks fun.
01-30-2016, 01:46 AM
After playing for 10mins now it's black screen. Omg
01-30-2016, 05:12 AM
Had the "skills" issue too, noticed it just happens with the Mage boss... idk why exactly... maybe the mage isnt finished? not sure if there is what to do tho (a friend of mine had the issue). About the crashes at the tutorial I only got it on my iPad Mini 1, which has 512mb memory, so im guessing its some kind of memory related bug