★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Trailer : http://bit.ly/ArcaneKnightTrailer

A MOUNTED COMBAT CHALLENGE!

The horde has returned! They are here, marching on our lands, plundering villages and cities, lying in ambush on roads and crossings. Even more are coming from every direction. And worst of all, our armies were defeated!

We are the only remaining hope for the realm. A small group of elite knights, who are secretly trained in combat and magic throughout our lives.

Now it is your turn to do your duty. Put on your armor, gird on your sword, prepare your deadly spells and mount your horse. It is your time to charge into the battlefield. Because you are one of us. You are an Arcane Knight!

A SWIPE AND SLASH ACTION!

Tap, Swipe and Release. This is all it needs to swing your sword anywhere you want, but to deliver a lethal hit, you need to focus on the angle of your strike, the position of your enemy and the most importantly, the timing of your attack.

A FAST PACED RUNNER!

Ride your horse through the forests, canyons and villages of a medieval fantasy world and charge towards the various types of enemies such as pikeman, mage, spearman, lancer, trapper and more. Because every enemy type has their own unique behaviour, you must decide rapidly whether to do a melee attack or a ranged attack or cast a spell according to current situation, while trying to avoid enemy attacks and obstacles.

AN ENDLESS ADVENTURE!

Throughout these never-ending battles, develop your character, improve your stats and equip lethal weapons, rare armors, powerful spells and purebred horses and become known as the most powerful Arcane Knight ever.

FEATURES:

- Mounted combat game mechanics
- Simple and intuitive controls
- Character development
- Variety of Items and power-ups
- Medieval themed environment
- High quality 3D graphics
- Lots of achievements

PLEASE NOTE:

- iPad mini 2, iPad 3(3rd generation), iPhone5, and higher are SUPPORTED.
- iPod devices are NOT supported.
- At least 1 GB of memory is required.

FOLLOW US

Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/ArcaneKnightGame
Twitter : https://twitter.com/CG_ArcaneKnight

Support : support@corvusgames.com

Corvus Games's comments:

Arcane Knight : An Endless Runner - Action RPG,
featuring Mounted Combat game mechanics.

Hi everyone, I am very excited to announce that our newest title, Arcane Knight, is now available on App Store and Google Play.

Arcane Knight is an Endless Runner - Action RPG game for iOS and Android platforms. In Arcane Knight it is aimed to combine the Mounted Combat game mechanics with the classical RPG elements, such as character development through levelling up and gaining new items and skills, in an endless runner fashion.

In Arcane Knight, you will ride through the forests, canyons and villages of a medieval fantasy themed world and fight against an invading barbarian horde, which consists of various types of enemies such as pikeman, mage, trapper, spearman, lancer and more. Because every enemy type has their own unique behaviour, you must decide rapidly whether to do a melee attack or ranged attack or cast a spell according the current situation while trying to avoid enemy attacks and obstacles.

Features :
- Mounted combat game mechanics
- Simple and intuitive controls
- Character development
- Variety of Items and power-ups
- Medieval themed environment
- High quality 3D graphics
- Lots of achievements

Available On
App Store
Google Play

Follow Us
Facebook : Arcane Knight
Twitter : @CG_ArcaneKnight

Youtube link | Pop Up

Please feel free to contact us, if you have any questions about Arcane Knight.
E-mail : info@corvusgames.com
01-30-2016, 04:48 PM
Hi,

I've been looking forward to this one! I've given it a short go. The only thing I'd like to request for a future update right out of the gate is a currency doubler IAP.

I would no doubt purchase currency doublers so I can play and earn the currency but there are people like me that won't purchase consumable IAP. I'm a bit more flexible IF there is iCloud back up support. But I ALWAYS will purchase a doubler right away if I like a game without even thinking about it so I contribute to the developer.

Ok with that out of the way I'm going to play for an hour and see how things go and report back with full impressions then. I love the entire premise of this game. It's rare to see a fully fledged mounted auto runner combat focused game. This is exciting! Especially on this new IPhone 6. The screen is so much nicer than my old iPhone 5s.

Billy

Edit- I just got an interstitial forced ad. How do I make those go away? Please tell me any purchase disables them? I don't see any IAP to remove them. I'm not making a purchase if I have no way to disable the ads.

Edit2- the combat is actually pretty darn cool. I hate tilt but it flows pretty good in the game. I cut some guys head off and it slow motioned the kill hehe

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 01-30-2016 at 05:23 PM.

01-30-2016, 07:47 PM
Thank you LordShad0wz, for your very valuable feedback. I forwarded your comments to my teammates. For now, I can safely say that we are planning to release an update within a few weeks. I think we will be able to address most of the issues you mentioned.
01-30-2016, 07:52 PM
Once you play for a while the combat becomes very intuitive. I have to say it's enjoyable. I've started to upgrade my health and strength so I'm making it a bit further. The bow in this game is butt kicking. I like being able to switch pretty quick between the sword and bow.
01-30-2016, 09:34 PM
I was really hoping this would be a premium game what are the IAP ?
01-30-2016, 11:22 PM
As far as I can tell it's all consumable. There's also no way to get rid of the interstitial forced ads. There are no currency doublers. As the dev said they are going to address it. I will revisit spending money at that time. I can't spend money on a game and be forced to watch ads.

You should give the game a try though. It does have fun gameplay elements. Weaving in and out of fire laden obstacles while chopping off some dudes head is very satisfying.

I have watched some ads to continue. I don't mind non forced opt in ads.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsa View Post
I was really hoping this would be a premium game what are the IAP ?

Last edited by LordShad0wz; 01-31-2016 at 12:15 AM.
01-30-2016, 11:46 PM
Are the ads in this game the quickly closable static ones or are they video ads you're forced to sit through?

C: :###
If you want to friend me on GC,tell me you're from TA and include your screen name.
GC: DON'TSHOOT!
01-31-2016, 12:05 AM
The forced ones I've gotten were the instant closable ones but don't hold me to it.

Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyskull View Post
Are the ads in this game the quickly closable static ones or are they video ads you're forced to sit through?
01-31-2016, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvus Games View Post
an update within a few weeks.
Is or will there be a touch-centric alternative to the tilt controls?

Vocalist of Earthbridge and Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
01-31-2016, 08:40 AM
I forgot about this game. Glad to see it released. Downloading it now.