Universal Suzy Cube 3D Platformer Will be at GDC 2016!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Louard, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Louard

Louard Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

May 4, 2009

[​IMG]

I'm going to be attending the Game Developers Conference in San Fransisco in March and will be bringing Suzy Cube along with me.
    Suzy Cube is a 3D Platformer currently in development for iOS devices.
    My main goal is to deliver a fun experience that's well adapted to the platform and plays great, even on a touch screen.
    If you plan on attending GDC and are interested in trying the game, let me know!

If you are interested in finding out more about the game, I post weekly development updates on my blog (link in the signature) and also cross post abridged updates to the TA dev forums here: Suzy Cube Development Thread

For those of you who are just curious to see what the game looks like, here are some screenshots...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

(All screenshots, of course, represent a game that's currently in development and may not be representative of the final product.)

If you have any questions about the game, feel free to post them in the game's development thread (link above).
    Thanks and I hope to see you at GDC!

2. Stroffolino

Stroffolino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 28, 2009
    Software Engineer
    Pennsylvania
    #2 Stroffolino, Feb 4, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2016
    Been playing this in beta, and having a blast. Probably the finest use of touch controls I've seen to date - don't miss controller at all (though it also works with MFI).

3. Louard

Louard Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

May 4, 2009
    First video of Suzy Cube in action!

Hey, folks! I recently posted a big article on level design in Suzy Cube up on my blog.

http://louardongames.blogspot.com/2016/02/lessons-from-suzy-cube-level-design.html

As part of the article, I included a video of a run through of Level 1-4 as it currently appears in game. I realized this is the game's first public video so I thought I would embed it here so you can all have a look!

As mentioned in the video, it is still very much a work in progress but, hopefully, this will give you an idea of what you can expect when the game is released.

And don't forget, if you would like to see more of the game and you are planning to attend GDC this year, get in touch with me so we can meet up!