★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Puzzle Strike is a deckbuilding puzzle game played amongst Fantasy Strike characters. It's inspired by puzzle games such as Puzzle Fighter. Gems fall into each player's gem pile every turn, and whoever's gem pile fills up first loses. Improve your deck (of chips!) by purchasing new chips as the game unfolds.

Will you go heavy on economy, offense, or build an intricate engine? In any case, make sure to adapt to your opponents because Puzzle Strike has a lot more interactivity than most other deckbuilders. And like the other games in the Fantasy Strike universe, Puzzle Strike is designed to hold up to thousands of games at the expert level, and we fully embrace the philosophy of even-playfield competition.

The new iOS version of Puzzle Strike has these new features:

- Cross-platform play with players on iOS, Steam or the web version on FantasyStrike.com
- Chips have 4x the resolution as the web version
- Climb the leaderboards in Quick Match and check out replays of top players to improve your game!
- New Puzzle Challenge mode: learn advanced character tactics and think outside the bag! Beat these advanced challenges to become a real Puzzle Striker!
- Complete your Daily Quests to earn Jewels, then spend them to play "Puzzle Smash", a high-powered version of Puzzle Strike
- Contains all 48 Puzzle chips from both Puzzle Strike Third Edition and Puzzle Strike: Shadows, as well as the promo chips, Combinatorics, Dashing Strike and Custom Combo
- Practice offline against AI Puzzlebots for the first time!
- English, French and Japanese language support, with German localization on the way
- The base game comes with the first four characters (Grave, Jaina, Midori, and Setsuki), with fourteen additional characters available in-app
02-03-2016, 03:44 PM
Really excited to hear impressions on this one. Haven't had the opportunity to play the physical version, but I love deck builders. I'm close to jumping in regardless, but would love a gentle nudge.

02-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Ok looks really cool i am not familiar with the related games can someone let me know what the IAP are ?
02-03-2016, 03:52 PM
I recommend watching this for anyone new to the game.

https://youtu.be/Og01q5_zbD8

The IAP are to unlock the other 14 characters in the game. You can't unlock it any other way.

Current: iPhone 6S, new 3DS, Vita
02-03-2016, 04:10 PM
I was hoping I wasn't going to have to wait until tonight to play this. Prayers answered.
02-03-2016, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayLancer View Post
I recommend watching this for anyone new to the game.

https://youtu.be/Og01q5_zbD8

The IAP are to unlock the other 14 characters in the game. You can't unlock it any other way.
I've seen some complicated card game rules... But the first 15 mins of that video just took the prize (may not help that the TV is on and keeps distracting me )
02-03-2016, 05:01 PM
Let's goooooo
02-03-2016, 05:26 PM
Wow what a dreadful game. First game I've requested a refund after 3 years of impulse buying. The gameplay is disgusting, confusing and very long. Poorly reviewed on steam also. Avoid avoid avoid
02-03-2016, 05:41 PM
I feel like maybe you didn't play the same game as the rest of us
02-03-2016, 05:45 PM
Haha ^