★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena (by Zero Games Studios)

02-03-2016, 03:53 PM
#1
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,950
Extreme Gear: Demolition Arena (by Zero Games Studios)

Here's the original text from the devs, they posted in the wrong forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pehel View Post
Hello everyone !

I don't know if this thread is at the good place of the forum. If not, just tell me !

So a Toucharcade forum member send us an email to discuss and told me that it would be a great idea to create a thread for our upcoming game : Extreme Gear - Demolition Arena

I plan to post new videos of the game here, and receive your feedbacks

Extreme Gear : Demolition Arena
(trailer inside) is a F2P Demolition Derby game that will be released on March. We're working on it since now 2 years and we hope you'll like it ! We had big surprise to see that Toucharcade made a news about it, so now, we feel the pressure !!

See you soon on this thread for more updates
02-03-2016, 05:47 PM
#2
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine ...)
Posts: 90
Thank you very much, I didn't knew where to post it

02-04-2016, 10:51 AM
#3
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine ...)
Posts: 90
Hello everyone,
just a small post to tell you that we are working on a new car and we hope it will be ready for release !

It will be a pretty balanced car , with nice top speed and global resistance of all parts, but low acceleration.

https://twitter.com/ZeroGamesTweets/...50301918519296
02-04-2016, 05:46 PM
#4
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pehel View Post
Hello everyone,
just a small post to tell you that we are working on a new car and we hope it will be ready for release !

It will be a pretty balanced car , with nice top speed and global resistance of all parts, but low acceleration.

https://twitter.com/ZeroGamesTweets/...50301918519296
Are all the cars visually the same, or are they different? From the videos, I think the existing ones have a blockier front hood than the new one, but I'm not 100% sure. Have you got a wired model of the current car to compare images?

Also, in the Q&A video you made, you said there won't be races per se, at least initially. Will there at least be an "8" track in which cars go round crashing at each other as in DD?
02-04-2016, 10:37 PM
#5
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine ...)
Posts: 90
Hi !!

For information, each car is in fact inspired by real cars which competed in ARCA / NASCAR / STOCK CAR championships.

The currently integrated cars are the first unlockable ones. So they may seems a bit old and "blocky" shaped, but each new car will be better (in term of caracteristics) and will seems more "modern" and aerodynamic than the previous ones.

I don't have wireframe pics right now (it's 4:37 AM here !) but here's two cars examples from the six integrated models from the game, so maybe you can spot some differences :


02-05-2016, 12:45 AM
#6
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pehel View Post
Hi !!

For information, each car is in fact inspired by real cars which competed in ARCA / NASCAR / STOCK CAR championships.

The currently integrated cars are the first unlockable ones. So they may seems a bit old and "blocky" shaped, but each new car will be better (in term of caracteristics) and will seems more "modern" and aerodynamic than the previous ones.

I don't have wireframe pics right now (it's 4:37 AM here !) but here's two cars examples from the six integrated models from the game, so maybe you can spot some differences :


Thanks! Yeap, they are truly different from each other. Nice!
02-05-2016, 09:29 AM
#7
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine ...)
Posts: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualBoyFreak View Post
Also, in the Q&A video you made, you said there won't be races per se, at least initially. Will there at least be an "8" track in which cars go round crashing at each other as in DD?
Sorry, just forgot to answer this ...

Just making a single track alone (even if it's an 8) would be weird I think. So we are considering an other "fun" option for a future arena that would mix destruction and racing. Can't reveal it right now, but I think it will please a lot of players.
02-12-2016, 04:35 PM
#8
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine ...)
Posts: 90
Hello everyone,

We will do some arenas presentations for next videos. Here's a presentation of the Hangar!
02-15-2016, 08:49 AM
#9
Joined: Apr 2011
Location: Spain
Posts: 3,950
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pehel View Post
Hello everyone,

We will do some arenas presentations for next videos. Here's a presentation of the Hangar!
Looks really nice, identical experience as the Destruction Derby from PS1 which I remember Really looking forward to its release.
02-15-2016, 11:40 AM
#10
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Paris area (in France, you know, Cheese and wine ...)
Posts: 90
Thank you very much !!

We'll try now to make more videos more often to introduce as many arenas as possible.

The game will have more arenas and cars than expected for release as our devs and artists are on fire !!
We will also add this week more customizations elements such as skins for cars.

And for real Destruction Derby 1 fans, we will try to add a nice surprise for release if we have time !