★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Creative & Unique Retro Arcade Action 'PolyBlast' IAPs: $1.98 > Free

02-04-2016, 04:56 AM
Creative & Unique Retro Arcade Action 'PolyBlast' IAPs: $1.98 > Free

The app itself is permanently free. Sale of the "Top In-App-Purchases": Unlock all level packs free of charge!

All you need to do is launch the game, tap on the Solo mode, and then tap on each level pack. The game will indicate that there is a $0.99 cost to unlock each pack, but as you go through the confirmation process you’ll be able to unlock everything for free. Don't hesitate too long, the sale is (obviously) time-limited. If you delete the game and install later (via the same iTunes account): there is a restore purchases button.

Very recommended!

Review by TA member Lavender in the main thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavender View Post
Polyblast is a super fun and unique arcade shooter. Easy to play with simple controls. Just tap to shoot. Tap. Tap. Tap. (There are 3 rows to shoot from.)

At first glance, Polyblast looks minimalistic and simple enough. But it will fool you. There's a lot more to it than meets the eye, or; the tap. He he.

Creative and unique, polyblast will keep coming at you. You're given a limited number of arrows to tap or shoot out from the bottom of the screen. Your goal is to get rid of the moving balls up at the top. These balls are located on obstacles that will get in your way and if they come all the way to the bottom; it's game over. Shoot the ball and part of the obstacle disappears. The game gets faster and more difficult the more you play. And believe me; it gets tough. Especially when obstacles are moving across the screen and the ball sometimes comes right at you at flaming speeds. Super fun are the 'Frenzies.' They're like instant power-ups that give you a quick advantage. I'll let you figure out what they do. (Smile)

There is a very reasonably priced iap that will give you some extra levels, get rid of ads that are not very intrusive to begin with and show the Dev a little support for his hard work.

Obviously, I am enjoying the game and recommend it.

So… Here comes the corny part…. I'm sure you knew this was coming! LOL::

You will have a 'Poly' good time because Polyblast is a 'Blast!' . Chuckle Chuckle…

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
02-04-2016, 07:57 AM
Worked... Was a bit worried as it doesn't say free until you do click on buying the iap, the warning of are you sure you want to buy the iap was perfect and stared but preiomu for free... Thanks!

02-04-2016, 08:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imdakine1 View Post
Worked... Was a bit worried as it doesn't say free until you do click on buying the iap, the warning of are you sure you want to buy the iap was perfect and stared but preiomu for free... Thanks!
Ah, I was also worried about that. Thanks for the info. Bought.

Also, thanks Habakuk for the heads up on this great looking game.

FYI, this game also has a same screen two player versus mode. Great for the kids.

Last edited by sobriquet; 02-04-2016 at 08:22 AM.
02-04-2016, 09:11 AM
Thanks Hababuk, got the levels!
This is a good Arcade-Action game, recommended!
And the two player mode on iPad is great!
02-04-2016, 12:48 PM
^ You're all welcome.

As said before: Check the standard iOS confirmation dialogue box after your Apple ID or Touch ID (it should say "free"; if it doesn't say that—the sale is over). Or check that entry in the iTunes/iOS App Store:

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
02-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Appreciate the tips. I would have halted at the part where it said it was $.99 even though it is currently free.
02-04-2016, 04:49 PM
Wow this is excellent, thanks for the heads up I'd never heard of this completely passed me by on release