★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Best 2 player games to play with girlfriend?

02-04-2016, 10:27 AM
Best 2 player games to play with girlfriend?

Just looking for suggestions, what the best 2 player games might be to play either on the same team or against a girlfriend. Thanks for your advice!
02-04-2016, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtapoz View Post
Just looking for suggestions, what the best 2 player games might be to play either on the same team or against a girlfriend. Thanks for your advice!
My favorites for frantic fun on the same iPad are: King of Opera, Mucho Party and Multiponk. If you're more the calm, tactical type, try Pickomino, Tiny Wings HD, Splendor or Elder Sign Omens. I have not tried the Tsuro app yet, but I read it's beautiful. The boardgame itself is very easy to learn.

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim

02-04-2016, 11:51 AM
Pinwar

Tiny wings

Glow hockey 2

Ice rage
02-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Lucky guy, woman with same interest!
Plants vs zombies is my recommendation.
02-04-2016, 10:23 PM
OLO and Microbattles 1 & 2 by Donut Games are good, there's also Faif, which is great solo too, but a live opponent is even more fun.
02-04-2016, 10:28 PM
clarification: to play from separate phones

we want to be able to play the game when we aren't hanging out...like in different places, if that helps.

But thank you all for the suggestions so far, I'm going to check them out! Much appreciated!!!
02-05-2016, 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbs07 View Post
Lucky guy, woman with same interest!
Plants vs zombies is my recommendation.
He sure is!!! I've been trying to get my wife interested in ANY game for almost 35 years!!!!!! Unsuccessful the whole time, and I'll tell ya what! It's not for lack of trying!! She's just not interested in games at all! 😩 Tenacious as always, I never give up, but I truly believe that I'll never get her to get into it! Getting old, for crying out loud! 😔
02-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juxtapoz View Post
we want to be able to play the game when we aren't hanging out...like in different places, if that helps.

But thank you all for the suggestions so far, I'm going to check them out! Much appreciated!!!
Oh and 8-Ball Pool by Miniclip is great for that too
02-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Fingle. This is the only correct answer.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-06-2016, 08:31 PM
Aim big! Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - seriously hardcore gaming, and you can hunt together too! Just stay retro on iOS 8.* and lower.

I've no illusions about getting my wife to play any games. I'm working on my five-year-old daughter instead...