★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch CA] Deminions Unleashed (by Dark Matter Gaming)

02-05-2016, 11:23 AM
[Soft Launch CA] Deminions Unleashed (by Dark Matter Gaming)

Deminions Unleashed

Dark Matter Gaming
Genres: Games Role-Playing Action
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
Deminions is an action RPG with tons of collectable creatures. Assemble the perfect team and save the city!

----------

Manticorp® would like to personally welcome you to Deminion™ ownership!

PLEASE NOTE: Deminions™, each with their own personality(1), can be faithful companions, and can even help out with chores around the house(2). However, it is important to remember that owning a Deminion™ comes with great responsibility. Please refrain from tampering with your Deminion's™ genetic makeup(3). Fusing one Deminion™ with another can result in the creation UNSTABLE LIFEFORMS(4). Manticorp® is NOT LIABLE FOR INJURY to persons or damage to property that may result from modified Deminions™. Deminions™ were designed as solitary creatures. As such, assembling Deminions™ into teams is STRICTLY PROHIBITED(5). Similarly, Manticorp® recommends a maximum of one Deminion™ per owner(6). Last, if you come across a Deminion in the wild use EXTREME CAUTION, and avoid engaging with the creature(7).

Thank you for choosing the Manticorp® Deminion™ as your companion. It is our wish at Manticorp® that it will serve you for years to come!

----------

(1) Deminions™ are available in a variety of “elements”.
Fire, Water, Nature, and more. Contact a registered Deminion™ dealer for details on your Deminion's™ element, and its strengths and weaknesses.

(2) Actual results may vary.

(3) Using particles or crystals to upgrade Deminions is not advisable by Manticorp®.
Unauthorized upgrades will increase the strength of Deminions™, may create unnecessary danger, and could cause spontaneous Deminion™ transformation.

(4) Combining Deminions™ (Deminion™ Fusion) is dangerous and will void your Deminion™ warrantee.
Fusing Deminions™ will unalterably change them into stronger, less controllable creatures. Please refrain from performing Deminion™ Fusion.

(5) Deminions™ are more dangerous in teams.
A team of Deminions™ of differing elements can be unstoppable. Due to the power that a leader of a strong team of Deminions™ can wield, ownership is restricted to one Deminion™ per owner.

(6) A limit of one Deminion™ per owner is strongly advised.
There are ninety known species of Deminion™. However, due to their unknown, and potentially dangerous interactions, Manticorp® strongly advises against amassing a collection of Deminions™. If you have information regarding an unlawful Deminion™ collection, please contact Manticorp® at once.

(7) Wild Deminions™ are extremely dangerous.
The Deminion's™ primary defense mechanism is colliding with enemies with its own body. Be aware of your surroundings and give wild Deminions™ a wide berth. Notify Manticorp® of your location once you reach safety. Although all Deminions™ are capable of attacking, DO NOT engage the creature in combat with your own Deminion™.
----------
The city is overrun by dangerous mutated creatures. There’s only one thing to do – fight fire with fire! Assemble your own team of modified and upgraded Deminions and go head-to-head with wild Deminions in combat. Collect new Deminions, combine them and upgrade them to create the ultimate team! It’s an action RPG with tons of collectable creatures, and exciting gameplay that is simple to pick up but seriously deep.
----------

----------

Deminions is completely free to play, but there are optional in-app purchases available.

This game may include:
- Direct links to social networking websites that are intended for an audience over the age of 13.
- Direct links to the internet that can take players away from the game with the potential to browse to any web page
- Advertising of Rovio products and also products from third parties

This game requires internet connectivity and subsequent data transfer charges may apply.

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 93MB

02-05-2016, 12:31 PM

It is like smash squad.

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING

02-05-2016, 12:47 PM
Yup, it's cloning world now, but still thanks for the share
02-05-2016, 02:11 PM
Deminions=demon minions? They look like Pokémon.
02-05-2016, 05:40 PM
Is it fun? Don't really care if it's a clone I like the art but I haven't played the other types of this genre
02-05-2016, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigghurt View Post
Is it fun? Don't really care if it's a clone I like the art but I haven't played the other types of this genre
Monster strike is the leading kingpin in this genre
02-06-2016, 04:55 PM
I know its a Monster Strike clone but I'm liking this a lot better.

I got bored of Monster Strike pretty quickly. Didn't like the emphasis on co-op where you were constantly waiting for your turn and needing to use the Line App to join games was awful.

Multiplayer also took away from the team building aspect of the game. Since you only used one of your cards there wasn't much reason to use anything but your strongest card so the gatcha pulls weren't interesting as there would only be a few top tier cards worth using. Compare this to something like Puzzle and Dragons where even if you don't get a top-tier leader from a pull at least it might be useful on certain teams.

In Monster Strike there was an emphasis on stalling to charge up your skills before moving to a new phase so the majority of the time I was trying to line up my shots to not hit anything. Deminions does the same but you can also charge skills by hitting your other cards to speed it up which I find a much more better approach.

Couple things I don't like so far are that the app takes forever to start, and the music and sound effects are pretty weak. Hopefully they can be improved in the soft launch but they're not deal breakers.

Time will tell if there's much depth to this one but I'm enjoying it a lot at the moment.
02-06-2016, 06:06 PM
Downloading, I do like these games they have potential but nobody ever seems to get it right