★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Warelex LLC
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 9.5 MB
  • Version: 2.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "The sense of actually flying is intense, in many ways it is already more fun than *** (a lot more expensive competitor)" --from the review by Jmandjt

This game has been created by stunt pilot and (in spare time) great iPhone developer. Flight in the game come as close as possible to flying the real planes. Every plane in Sky Racer comes with its unique realistic take off, landing and flight parameters.

Feel the adrenaline of a stunt pilot while staying safe with your phone in hand.

Sky Racer brings you an unparalleled level of 3D graphics realism against the backdrop of breath-taking scenery.

Experience the wide selection of routes filled with crazy stunts, as well as a range of planes from the single engine Cessna to a military jet. You can also choose the time of day and weather conditions for your flight. We calculate actual aerodynamics, weather conditions, we even take into account the actual aerodynamic and engine characteristics of real planes.

This game is not only about flying through hoops; feel free to leave the course and explore the great mountains and flowing river valleys around the massive virtual world.

Stay tuned for future updates that will include new exciting stunt-routes and new planes!

Instructions:
Tilt the device to control pitch and roll.
Touch/drag the very left side of the screen to use the throttle control.
Touch the top of the screen to use the autopilot, flaps, and brake controls.
Fly through the hoops, or explore the world, your choice.

Tutorial videos are posted on Youtube:

http://bit.ly/46GLgk

http://bit.ly/2HUGv7

abyrvalg's comments:
Hi, we just received a good news from AppStore. Sky Racer is released and available for download at

Check the preview video of Sky Racer:

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-04-2009, 03:31 PM
The landscape textures need an update from what I can see!

10-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Der-Kleine View Post
The landscape textures need an update from what I can see!
I agree. And also, the planes should be made bigger, because right now,it looks like you are flying an RC plane, and not a real airplane.
10-04-2009, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crj3803 View Post
I agree. And also, the planes should be made bigger, because right now,it looks like you are flying an RC plane, and not a real airplane.
Yes, that too. But first the textures, I'd say!
10-04-2009, 03:38 PM
Overall, though, this seems to be a pretty good flight sim. It may not be as accurate or "hardcore" as any of the X- Planes, and I would have to say that X Plane is a little bit better than this.

But given what you pay, I would say that this would be a better deal because x plane is only a little better, but is significantly more expensive.
10-04-2009, 04:34 PM
All the comments are right, thank you for your feedback, textures and runway are like this due to limitations of our older terrain engine. Everything is going to be fixed in our next major release.
We are planning to release version 1.1 with minor fixes and new planes/routes in a few weeks, then we will have an update scheduled in two months from now with much better visuals and fps. Stay tuned!
10-04-2009, 04:39 PM
Check this real video for the Su-31 plane to compare with the same plane in our game-preview. We made it extremely real, actually planes in the game is even more dynamic than in preview, because we could not move iPod too much in front of the camera it would go out of its sight.

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-04-2009, 05:59 PM
wow

wow, those pilots are amazing. they're flying the planes really low.

btw, the pilots don't wear any helmets?
10-04-2009, 06:23 PM
Quote:
btw, the pilots don't wear any helmets?
I know! Thats really inconsiderate to the people who'd have to scrape their brains off the ground. I think the helmets are needed only if you perform high G maneuvers. Helmets also contain radios which can be attached using the straps.
10-05-2009, 08:12 AM
We are planning to release similar style helicopter game in about two weeks from now. Stay tuned.