Universal Lights Off (Free Twisted Horror Game, Not for Faint of Heart)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Mangaloverme, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Mangaloverme

Mangaloverme Well-Known Member

Oct 14, 2013

Lights Off - Free Horror Game

Henry Sorren
    WARNING: If you get scared easily this game is not for you. Great new indie horror game ! Scary as slender.. but not a…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    WARNING: If you get scared easily this game is not for you. Great new indie horror game ! Scary as slender.. but not another slender-like! First person perspective indie horror game. If you like Slender, or Eyes, you'll like it too. A cool storyline that will make your skin crawl and make your bones shake as you play through. You run away from home and steal your dads car. Trying to get some peace of mind, you camp in the forest. After having a nightmare, and seeing two large red eyes looking into your tent, the night takes a turn for the worse. Search an old, abandoned victorian house and try to piece back together the puzzle of what occurred in the house. - Bloody Paintings on the walls give you a glimpse into the horror that awaits for you inside "Turn Off The Lights." Play this game if you like to experience fear and deep horrifying atmospheres. Music By Rene Louvrier https://soundcloud.com/void222x We're on Twitter, Tumblr and Facebook! @henrysorren https://www.facebook.com/pulphorror http://pulphorror.tumblr.com/
    Information
    Seller:Henry Sorren
    Genre:Action, Adventure
    Release:Apr 08, 2014
    Updated:Jul 13, 2016
    Version:9.0
    Size:91.8 MB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

This is my new game :) Please try it out!

2. Mangaloverme

Oct 14, 2013
    here is a game trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbeHrqieMyU

3. TheGreatEscaper

TheGreatEscaper Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2014
    #3 TheGreatEscaper, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Intrigued, because it's free and the visuals look nicely disturbing... wonder what the catch is. Downloading now.
    Edit: My bad, looks like there's a free version with ads and two paid versions (one in color, and, very odd, a more expensive one in black and white). The ads annoyed me enough that I just jumped on the paid version, will be back with imps later. The storyline in the description doesn't appear to match what's going on in the game right now unless I'm just playing some sort of a prologue.

4. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    #4 TheGreatEscaper, Feb 6, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    Okay, hmm.
    The screenshots and description do not match the game.
    The game is not very good as far as I can tell from what I've played of it.
    But for whatever reason, despite it's cheapness, the game is very scary. I don't know what it is about it, as I'm fairly certain most of these will be stock assets. But something about it all is so very *shudder*. The fact that the game you're playing isn't the one you paid for kind of makes it creepier.
    There's just something really off about it all. I'm not sure. As a game I wouldn't recommend this. The wolf fights are unfair and most other tasks amount to not much more than fetch quests. But idk, this is really weird. It doesn't make sense. It's just all these random things happening with only tenuous links. It's like a David Lynch game. And David Lynch makes the very few movies that can frighten me. I dunno if you will have the same reaction as me but this really unsettled me. I'll probably delete it soon, hopefully after I complete it, but it's oddly horrific.
    Edit: Everything about this dev is weird. They have a few odd social media pages advertising a series 'pulp horror' which I assume is their other series of games which this may or may not be a part of. I just find it really odd that the game inside here is enough to make decent screenshots and description of but it's just entirely disconnected. Spooky.

5. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    this game already out bout more than a year ago, whats so different with this version?

6. zombiebae9494

zombiebae9494 Member

Aug 9, 2015
    This game is seriously horrifying... There are a few solid twists (That I wont spoil for you guys), that are really creeping me out. Once you go inside the hotel it becomes scary as hell...

I downloaded this game last year, but for some reason out of nowhere it was updated yesterday with a completely new storyline.... gives me the creeps..

7. Mangaloverme

Oct 14, 2013
    I have made many horror games, but this is by far my best, I can barely even play it without getting freaked out myself, its free, fun, and bone chilling.

8. Mangaloverme

Oct 14, 2013
  9. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Since the dev is around, can I just ask why the screenshots and app description don't match the game? The game that I got is decent enough that I'm not going to ask for a refund for false marketing but it's still pretty weird.

10. Mangaloverme

Oct 14, 2013
    Basically I made the game 2 years ago ( the screenshots you see ), but released an entirely new game, with elements of the original yesterday. If you play through the wolf part and go inside the hotel the Screenshots will actually match (just with a slightly more green tint). I left them that way to surprise the player, they expect to begin the game in the hotel, but suddenly they are next to a plane crash on a snowy hill. I've learned that horror is all about disorienting the player and catching them off guard at any moment. Thats also why I put the wolves in, in my other games I would have just had you wander in the snow, see the guy, then go to the hotel, but I wanted to genuinely surprise the player, "Now there are wolves attacking!" Its the last thing I would expect to happen in a f2p horror game.

11. eLynch

eLynch Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Can you please be more specific? In which way exactly the game is different than the screenshots?

12. Mangaloverme

Oct 14, 2013
    The original game was just the hotel scene, so the screenshots essentially focus on that. In the new update I extended the game to include a plane crash, mountain scene and wolf attack, which all precede the hotel. It doesnt match unless you make it all the way through the game, and get into the hotel.

13. eLynch

eLynch Member

Feb 7, 2016
    Oh, So the game has more than what is promised in the ads. Ok then :) But if I were you, I would add some screenshots for these levels.

14. TheGreatEscaper

Oct 10, 2014
    Ah okay, I'd made it to the hotel but you're right it was the color scheme that threw me off. I can recognize the screenshots now.
    The hotel 'jumpscares' are good but the one when you get the key is a little bit silly. It was cool at first but waiting 30 seconds for it to sink into the floor was annoying.
    I'm not sure entirely what to do to
    save the girl

It appears to be a fairly short game but it's v. creepy.

15. Mangaloverme

Oct 14, 2013
    #15 Mangaloverme, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    after you get the key go back to the girl. Then make your way up the staircase :D and about the one that sinks, you're right I meant to make it go faster, Ill fix that in the update.

16. ip4weather

ip4weather Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2012
    i remove after 10min,game have potencial to be great but need lot of impruvements

17. Mangaloverme

Oct 14, 2013
    Instead of removing it, please let me know what I can fix, I am regularly updating my games!

18. loox

loox Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2011
    That's good advice to mention the addons in the description. It explains alot. It's a lot of new content. And actually pretty scary

19. Woodlandstar

Woodlandstar Active Member

Nov 19, 2009
    Good god the advert pop ups are horrendous. I got as far as getting the key from the girl in the snow, and had 6 advert pop ups. One right in the middle of trying to battle things too, which caused me to die.
    I'm sorry but it's put me completely off and have deleted the app already.
    Maybe you need to let people be able to get a little into the game, then purchase to go further? At the minute the constant adverts ruin the atmosphere so I couldn't get into it at all.

20. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    Wtf.

I said ok let me try it. So I'm crashing. I run around and find a hotel. I run around more. Go back to the crash. Still don't know what I'm doing. Then I run around more and find someone in the snow. I get a full video ad. Ok. The ad completes. It says take the gun and tap the monster to fire. I put the phone down as I had to go do something. I come back and bam there's another ad going. I didn't even do anything. Wtf.

Billy