★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iTD Lite is out!

12-23-2008, 12:57 PM
iTD Lite is out!

Hey all,

iTD Lite has been released so if haven't gotten a chance to try out iTD yet you have no excuse!

Go grab it now

Let us know what you think!

*Note* There were some problems with the download last night because the app store was acting funny but it looks like it has been fixed.
12-23-2008, 12:58 PM
kool!

12-23-2008, 01:00 PM
cool!

btw i loved bounce on.

Life Is Too Short To Be Wordy
12-23-2008, 01:34 PM
"appstore freaking out"

Here's a lil' tip from a veteran of the AppStore and some insider information... the AppStore's architecture is a series of clustered servers which cache information and update their caches roughly two to four times a day depending on load which is different for every cache and cluster.

So what happens on release day of your app is that your game may show in one AppStore for one person, but not another, even someone sitting right next to you especially if they are on a different internet connection. Even if you give them the iTunes URL they could be on a different cache.

We have figured out a way to avoid this though, when you submit your app set the release date to roughly 2 weeks in the future since their submission process usually takes 7-10 days they will approve it before that date. They will email you that it has been approved. It will not be on the AppStore because it hasn't hit the release date. Then go login to itunesconnect.apple.com and change the release date to 1-2 days after the current date. I recommend 2 days, but if you're in a hurry go for "tomorrow". What happens then is Apple already has your item in their caches all around the world ready to be distributed when it hits that date and it is a simultaneous release with no weirdness where people can't see it quite yet.

Just a great tip for any other developers. I see a lot of people complaining about this "weirdness". This is just how it's design, it's a pretty typical distributed and load balanced system.

Cheers
12-23-2008, 02:24 PM
Make a Bounce on Lite, im still not 100% sold...

"Insert generic signature here"
12-23-2008, 02:30 PM
iTD > 7 Cities > Besiegement/Fieldrunners > TapDefense

More iTD maps! PLEASE!!!
12-23-2008, 02:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloneWars View Post
Make a Bounce on Lite, im still not 100% sold...
It's actually a pretty fun game... They sadi they will fix an issue where it is hard to kill enemies because the collision detection is a bit strange... also... they are already making a new world... worth $2.99 definitely...

Frighftully good
12-23-2008, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsolentDreams View Post
Here's a lil' tip from a veteran of the AppStore and some insider information... the AppStore's architecture is a series of clustered servers which cache information and update their caches roughly two to four times a day depending on load which is different for every cache and cluster.

So what happens on release day of your app is that your game may show in one AppStore for one person, but not another, even someone sitting right next to you especially if they are on a different internet connection. Even if you give them the iTunes URL they could be on a different cache.

We have figured out a way to avoid this though, when you submit your app set the release date to roughly 2 weeks in the future since their submission process usually takes 7-10 days they will approve it before that date. They will email you that it has been approved. It will not be on the AppStore because it hasn't hit the release date. Then go login to itunesconnect.apple.com and change the release date to 1-2 days after the current date. I recommend 2 days, but if you're in a hurry go for "tomorrow". What happens then is Apple already has your item in their caches all around the world ready to be distributed when it hits that date and it is a simultaneous release with no weirdness where people can't see it quite yet.

Just a great tip for any other developers. I see a lot of people complaining about this "weirdness". This is just how it's design, it's a pretty typical distributed and load balanced system.

Cheers
Thanks for the tip! We set the release date to the 23rd when we sent it in and I guess it was aproved right on the 23rd so it did that... we'll be sure to not let this happen again.

Last edited by jonaswills; 12-23-2008 at 05:24 PM.
12-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jborislow View Post
It's actually a pretty fun game... They sadi they will fix an issue where it is hard to kill enemies because the collision detection is a bit strange... also... they are already making a new world... worth $2.99 definitely...
Thanks, I might pick it up...

"Insert generic signature here"
12-23-2008, 05:37 PM
At this point I must say "screw TD".

Seriously. These devs have ran the genre into the ground. Enough already.