★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Ravensword: Legacy - a Fallen King prequel (Crescent Moon)

02-06-2016, 11:07 AM
#1
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,976
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Ravensword: Legacy - a Fallen King prequel (Crescent Moon)

Hey all,
We're working on a new Ravensword, with a different style.
I've been posting game dev stuff on my twitter account, but here are a few if you'd like to check them out.
We're probably looking at end of the year or early next year for release, depending on how it goes.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_04022016_004754.png
Views:	106
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	99348   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_06022016_155945.png
Views:	119
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	99349  
02-06-2016, 11:16 AM
#2
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,053
Are we ever getting helms in aralon F&F? I've been waiting since launch to play because it's just weird playing with no helm visual.

02-06-2016, 11:31 AM
#3
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,976
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by geno11233 View Post
Are we ever getting helms in aralon F&F? I've been waiting since launch to play because it's just weird playing with no helm visual.
I'll admit it is a bit weird. It was something I wanted too but it never happened. At least I know in Ravensword there will be helms!
02-06-2016, 11:58 AM
#4
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Europe, CET
Posts: 2,443
Seriously, that's the new Ravensword graphics style? Please don't, this is just plain ugly. A huge step back from earlier games.
Go and grab Protopop you know the quality of his work.
02-06-2016, 12:05 PM
#5
Joined: Jul 2015
Posts: 1,025
The graphics look kinda like 5 card quest. I like it
02-06-2016, 12:05 PM
#6
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,976
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nullzone View Post
Seriously, that's the new Ravensword graphics style? Please don't, this is just plain ugly. A huge step back from earlier games.
Go and grab Protopop you know the quality of his work.
Its probably not going to make a whole lot of sense until I post the character in an environment I suppose. We're taking some visual inspiration from games like The Witness, Rime, Sword and Sworcery, and Ashen. Not trying to do a realistic style this time.
02-06-2016, 12:08 PM
#7
Joined: May 2010
Location: Deepest Circle, Hell
Posts: 8,675
Diggin' this. Like, supremely diggin' the art style.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-06-2016, 12:17 PM
#8
Joined: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,937
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
I'll admit it is a bit weird. It was something I wanted too but it never happened. At least I know in Ravensword there will be helms!
So you guys are done with aralon?
02-06-2016, 12:21 PM
#9
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 3,976
Send a message via MSN to JoshCM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Based Xatu View Post
So you guys are done with aralon?
no there's actually an update coming out soon.
02-06-2016, 01:15 PM
#10
Joined: Jul 2013
Location: Europe, CET
Posts: 2,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
Its probably not going to make a whole lot of sense until I post the character in an environment I suppose. We're taking some visual inspiration from games like The Witness, Rime, Sword and Sworcery, and Ashen. Not trying to do a realistic style this time.
Ah well, nothing wrong with doing something different. Just not my cup of tea. Waiting for the next one then
And Aralon update sounds good, do you have an ETA already?