★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

BioShock Conspiracy

02-06-2016, 10:48 PM
#1
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 947
BioShock Conspiracy

It's February 2016, and bio shock is still not fixed for iOS 9
I thought they were going to fix it, that's what they said when threatened there wallets.
THEY PLAYED US
This is the reason iOS gaming community can't be taken seriously.
We are easy to be manipulated.
If by any chance the game got fixed in the near future- I will be shocked
02-07-2016, 10:15 AM
#2
The studio responsible for ported this one closed, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up. Not malicious on Activision's part - I doubt they were happy about closing their studio - but still unfortunate. Definitely proceeded with caution before buying other games from them.

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter

02-07-2016, 11:46 AM
#3
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 118
Play their games while you can and at least get the achievement points, because it seems whoever is currently in charge of maintaining these games have absolutely no desire to put any extra effort into it. At least until Apple stops breaking software when they upload new iOS without giving proper developer support.
02-07-2016, 03:38 PM
#4
Joined: Sep 2013
Posts: 947
This is sick
02-07-2016, 05:21 PM
#5
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth, I could be behind you.
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
The studio responsible for ported this one closed, so I wouldn't keep my hopes up. Not malicious on Activision's part - I doubt they were happy about closing their studio - but still unfortunate. Definitely proceeded with caution before buying other games from them.
I think you are confused, 2K China was the one that ported Bioshock and they aren't owned by Activison, they are still active (porting Civ Revolution 2 to the Vita IIRC), you may have been referring to Blast Furnace (the guys behind CoD: Strike Team, the Wipeout games and CoD: Zombies) that were indeed closed down last year.
Edit: 2K China was closed down too, so yeah, you are right, Bioshock for iOS is pretty much dead

Last edited by TheOutlander; 02-07-2016 at 11:05 PM.
02-07-2016, 08:50 PM
#6
Joined: Nov 2013
Posts: 810
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOutlander View Post
I think you are confused, 2K China was the one that ported Bioshock and they aren't owned by Activison, they are still active (porting Civ Revolution 2 to the Vita IIRC), you may have been referring to Blast Furnace (the guys behind CoD: Strike Team, the Wipeout games and CoD: Zombies) that were indeed closed down last year.
Exactly my thoughts.
02-07-2016, 10:31 PM
#7
Ahh, yep, mixed the two of them up.

Still, 2K China is actually closed as well
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_China

AfterPad.com - MFi Gaming News | Game List | Controllers | Twitter
02-07-2016, 11:04 PM
#8
Joined: Apr 2014
Location: Somewhere on Earth, I could be behind you.
Posts: 806
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmacleod View Post
Ahh, yep, mixed the two of them up.

Still, 2K China is actually closed as well
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2K_China
Auch, then there's not really any hope left for Bioshock then
02-07-2016, 11:08 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 118
Isn't 2K also responsible for the X-COM games? Does that mean we won't be seeing X-COM 2, like, ever?
02-07-2016, 11:21 PM
#10
Joined: Nov 2013
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 2,229
Bioshock conspiracy? Bioshock did 7/11? Too soon?