★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

10 games you are playing

02-07-2016, 04:36 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 118
10 games you are playing

So the idea of this thread is to post (up to) 10 games you are currently playing your heart out to on your mobile device, and then a short description of your current impressions.

Ten might be a stretch, but for some of us (myself included) it's hard to choose which to share.
02-07-2016, 04:54 AM
#2
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 118
1. Eternal Arena - dang, this is fun. It's totally inane, freemium hit-you-over-the-head design, but it's a joy to play something that gives you that dopamine surge only a game that took bite-sized pieces from Diablo, the average Moba, and mobile dungeon arenas and then packaged them into individual shots of gaming crack.

2. Air Attack 2 - I keep whiddling away at this monster but it's so hard as a completionist but not a very good schmupper. Still it's so beautiful I love logging in to get the experience each day.

3. The East New World - hard! Hard! It's like Goblin Sword but gives you the impression you don't need only skill, since you can level up and buy upgrades if you spend enough time on it.

3. Swordigo - I felt guilty for never finishing this, so after a clean restore (finally getting Game Center to work on my phone) I am delving into this big time. Maybe for finish-keeps this time.

5. Final Fantasy 4: The After Years - the design team for this game seems to have made every mistake in the book when it comes to RPG design. Too easy, too hard (at the wrong times), killing incentive by taking away items you spent good money on, killing off beloved characters every other scene (and so on). It's a hard game to play and appreciate. But it seems a tragedy I've never finished it. So I'm trying.

6. Adventures of Mana - a Mana game with 900 achievement points? (Disappears into the gaming nether) Now, if they'd only add achievement points to Secret of Mana...

7. Magic: Puzzle Quest - this is the only match-3 game I kept on my playing roster. It's just dang addictive, without the temperamental teenage angsty outbursts I usually get embarrassed by when playing regular Magic.

8. Oceanhorn - another one of those "I'm embarrassed I never finished it." Strangely, the fishing achievements might actually get me to the end of the game. I'm as weirded out as anyone by this.

9. Order and Chaos 2 - such a beautiful game, awesome writing. The only downsides are the torrential flood of Chinese players who see no harm in kill stealing and the obvious 11-th circle of hell sin of paid inventory management. I start playing for a half-hour and then end up infinitely frustrated for another 20 minutes trying to figure out what to do with the crap I just picked up.

10. Zodiac: Orcanon Odyssey - slooow. Not terribly exciting gameplay (yet, anyhow). NPC dialogue is half-interesting. The graphics are beautiful, but every time I play I forget how to play. It's the end of the list (I play this the least) but I still want to kill King Wirsula just because it totally seems in reach and possible to actually finish this one, and nothing has been heard about the next segment yet. So there appears to still be time to finish it.

02-07-2016, 08:02 AM
#3
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Philippines
Posts: 1,515
Well there's XCOM: EW, FFT:WotL, Dodonpachi Ichimen Banchou, Monument Valley, Lara Croft and GoL, Diablo 3 on my MBA
02-07-2016, 09:12 AM
#4
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmilan View Post
Well there's XCOM: EW, FFT:WotL, Dodonpachi Ichimen Banchou, Monument Valley, Lara Croft and GoL, Diablo 3 on my MBA
What's GoL?
02-07-2016, 10:26 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 869
FFRK, Adventures of Mana, XCOM:EW, and Clash Royale. Not really touching anything but those 4. If Darkest Dungeon ever gets ported over though..............
02-07-2016, 10:49 AM
#6
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 1,931
Final fantasy xiii and xiii-2
Only available in Japan and played off a server nonetheless kick ass since I have never played it until now! Bought both and paid about 45$ combined of course I had to convert to yen so it wa like 4500 yen

Grimms Notes
Story revolves around the Grimm fairly tales but very rpg build a team and battle and the battles remind of me of TWEWY a little

Final fantasy adventures aka adventures of mana
Great port of gameboy Classic

Phantasy Star Online iOS
Only in Japan but it's based off the best sega rpg phantasy star enough said

Final fantasy vii
Still trying to finish it

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X
The only way I can play kingdom hearts on iOS and it rocks wish it would go worldwide

Pop Up Story by Square Enix
New rpg that I found on Japan App Store it mixes rpg with a pop up story 3D style and honestly hard to explain but pretty fun to play haven't got far into it yet

Möbius Final Fantasy
I love final fantasy games so this free to play isn't all that bad and the graphics are nice!

Final fantasy grandmasters
It's a spin off of final fantasy XI I believe but anyway it's a free to play where you can team up with others to face battles and it's pretty fun

The world ends with you
Always playing this one and it's prolly my fav RPG ever!
02-07-2016, 11:36 AM
#7
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Final fantasy xiii and xiii-2
Only available in Japan and played off a server nonetheless kick ass since I have never played it until now! Bought both and paid about 45$ combined of course I had to convert to yen so it wa like 4500 yen

Grimms Notes
Story revolves around the Grimm fairly tales but very rpg build a team and battle and the battles remind of me of TWEWY a little

Final fantasy adventures aka adventures of mana
Great port of gameboy Classic

Phantasy Star Online iOS
Only in Japan but it's based off the best sega rpg phantasy star enough said

Final fantasy vii
Still trying to finish it

Kingdom Hearts Unchained X
The only way I can play kingdom hearts on iOS and it rocks wish it would go worldwide

Pop Up Story by Square Enix
New rpg that I found on Japan App Store it mixes rpg with a pop up story 3D style and honestly hard to explain but pretty fun to play haven't got far into it yet

Möbius Final Fantasy
I love final fantasy games so this free to play isn't all that bad and the graphics are nice!

Final fantasy grandmasters
It's a spin off of final fantasy XI I believe but anyway it's a free to play where you can team up with others to face battles and it's pretty fun

The world ends with you
Always playing this one and it's prolly my fav RPG ever!
Only in Japan...

I wish I was in Japan... Or had a Japanese address. Lucky!
02-07-2016, 01:58 PM
#8
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 869
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabell View Post
Only in Japan...

I wish I was in Japan... Or had a Japanese address. Lucky!
I made a Japanese account to see what the differences were between JP FFRK, and Global FFRK. You should just make an account.
02-07-2016, 02:16 PM
#9
Just starting
VainGlory

Continuing:
Clash of Clans
I won't consider it beat until I max stars everything on the map in campaign, only lacking one on the final mission

Badlands
It's fun but I'm sooo casually playing it.

All the other games are just sitting there, I'm trying to get atleast 20 gb free for music now. I really need to fire up more games since I have about 144 games.
02-07-2016, 03:20 PM
#10
Joined: Dec 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 596
I am most engrossed by Crashlands, which is truly wonderful.

However, I'm also still dipping in and out of This War of Mine (bleakly brilliant); Downwell (for some adrenaline); Super Phantom Cat (to calm down); Wayward Souls (just started for the first time a couple of days ago); HoPiKo (maddeningly brilliant and I'm a little bit OCD trying to finish the final few stages but slowly losing the will to go on); and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite (not very far into it and boy, am I bad at it, but it's so well put together).

Once Crashlands is done, I'll probably take on FF Tactics or FFVI, as I want to free up some space for FFIX when it comes.