★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: iHusky 3D Pet

12-23-2008, 01:02 PM
iHusky 3D Pet

This game is not bad and very nice graphic too (like nintendog)
is FREE for 24 hours only!
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291068226&mt=8
12-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacson-X View Post
This game is not bad and very nice graphic too (like nintendog)
is FREE for 24 hours only!
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=291068226&mt=8
Thanks, gonna try it now. I'm a big Nintendogs fans.

If only they had the Dachsund..

12-23-2008, 01:42 PM
1. 'Ringer' text (when adjusting volume) is not rotated.
2. The camera is a bit hard to control, why can't you look at your dog up close? It's either front view but from far away, or close but top view.
3. Graphics are nicer than Nintendogs, but as many have said, there's no gameplay at all. Not even at tamagotchi level.
4. Boy, he has some nice clothes. But it's a big rotation cycle, we can't just go to the gallery and pick one.
5. The 'hit area' x button in the info is so small.
6. There's no background music, fortunately it doesn't turn off the music we're playing. Ambient noise would still be nice though: car running, someone walking, etc.

Ok, I'm sending this to the developer now.
12-23-2008, 01:46 PM
Send a message via ICQ to brewstermax Send a message via AIM to brewstermax Send a message via MSN to brewstermax Send a message via Yahoo to brewstermax
Oh. Wow. The graphics are real nice, but I really can't get into this like Nintendogs. If Nintendo was to bring over a single game, It would be Nintendogs. It would be perfect, as the DS version never used the hard controls, and the iPhone is more powerful. Add depth to this, and more dogs, and you've got something.

And it showers the dog in the living room, with its clothes one?? This has potential, but they don't need to do the DS Effects thing and have iPoodle, iHusky, iYorkie, iLab, etc. Roll them up, and have iDogs.

Last edited by brewstermax; 12-23-2008 at 01:48 PM.
12-23-2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, one of the first game I thought of when watching Steve's keynote last January was Nintendogs. It's perfect because you can now add multi-touch.

Btw, it seems they're not going the Virtual Crap route. They have plan for future updates, version 0.2.0 on 5 january and 0.3.0 on 20 january. Sorry I don't know how to copy and paste text from iTunes page, but you should check it out.
12-23-2008, 02:19 PM
iPuppy vs iHusky

If you look at their description they tell you that these updates are for their iPuppy app (0.99usd), not iHusky. It looks like iPuppy is their full bersion that will allow you to get different breeds of dogs ( currently have the chihuahua and husky). Does anyone have this app? Trying to decide if it would be fun.

~sc
12-23-2008, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShibaChica View Post
If you look at their description they tell you that these updates are for their iPuppy app (0.99usd), not iHusky. It looks like iPuppy is their full bersion that will allow you to get different breeds of dogs ( currently have the chihuahua and husky). Does anyone have this app? Trying to decide if it would be fun.

~sc
I thought iPuppy only has chihuahua in it? I just checked its appstore page and there's no mention of husky included. From what I understand, it's gonna be like Nintendogs where there will be many puppy version (dachshund, chihuahua, dalmatian, etc) but all in separate games a la Virtual Crap.
Because if you read their iPuppy page, it says:

- Add new puppy Husky (available in separate copy)
12-23-2008, 03:03 PM
hmmmm

I may have misread the description.... I assumed they meant that they added a husky to the iPuupy game and it is available seperately... since they stated above that they would be adding new breeds to that program.... not sure
12-23-2008, 03:13 PM
I bought chiwawa just yesterday (ouch, husky is really beautiful...), it seems a really promising title. If all promises are true...
12-23-2008, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikappa83 View Post
I bought chiwawa just yesterday (ouch, husky is really beautiful...), it seems a really promising title. If all promises are true...
Do you have Husky in iPuppy? (this might answer our question)