★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

•Stick Escape™/lite success•

10-04-2009, 07:30 PM
•Stick Escape™/lite success•

I was updating the Stick Escape lite release thread whenever Stick Escape lite made it into a new category, but now that Stick Escape is in Top Adventure in the US (currently ranked 54th), I thought that it would be appropriate to start thread about the success of the pair and maybe help some other developers at the same time.

Stick Escape was originally released on April 25th of this year and (soon after release) made it up to 40th on the Adventure sub-category. It has always been my best selling game and even after many months, it brought it a fair amount of sales.

I was disappointed in Golden Glover's sales, so I decided to make a lite version. I had never made a lite version, so I thought that it wouldn't hurt. It got up to around 50th in Top Free Action Games in the US, but no further. It did greatly impact the full version's sales.

It was actually my sister who gave me the idea to make a lite version for Stick Escape. It was my best selling game, so it made sense. Upon it's release September 18th, I was pretty sure that it would atleast make it to the Top 100 Games. Since then, it has zoomed up to its current position of 7th Top Free App in the US. If you go on the mobile App Store a fair amount, you have most likely seen it.

Yesterday, Stick Escape (full version) finally made it onto the Top 100 Adventure Games in the US. The past 10-20 I have been frequently checking my position on iTunes and I have not been disappointed one time yet.

I know that success on the App Store doesn't always last forever, so I am trying to take advantage of the time that has been given to me. An update for Stick Escape lite is in review, that update includes a tutorial and a storyline, along with a better variety of levels, so that you can grasp a better feel for the game.

That is all I can think of right now, if anyone wants to know anything else about Stick Escape or any other of my games, please let me know!

If you see a big change (hopefully for the better) of my position on iTunes of both Stick Escape and Stick Escape lite, please post it below.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by Zincous; 10-04-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Fixed [appinfo]
10-04-2009, 07:37 PM
Please don't take this the wrong way but I tried out the lite version and it is probably the worst game I have ever played.

What makes the full version better than the lite version?

10-04-2009, 07:43 PM
its your best selling game and it has a 1.5 star average?

People are probably just downloading it to get a quick laugh then delete it
10-04-2009, 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sponger View Post

Yeah, they're absolutely murdering him in the reviews.
10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
It is kinda amazing that out of all the lite versions this is the #4 Top Free Game.
#1 Game Cartoon Wars #1 Free Cartoon Wars. #2 Free is MMO. #3 Beer Pong.
10-04-2009, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
Please don't take this the wrong way but I tried out the lite version and it is probably the worst game I have ever played.

DAMN, thats messed up!!!

Artist and dev for Team Dropkick
10-04-2009, 10:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
Yeah, they're absolutely murdering him in the reviews.
A lot of reviewers are the kind of people who want money to grow on trees, but I will be the first to admit that Stick Escape is not the best game. It was my first game and I put my best into it, so in that aspect, I am very happy with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Sponger View Post

As I said above, this was my first game and I put my best foot forward, that is all I can do. Also, with popularity, does come disadvantages. I have watched 5 star average games go to 2-3 stars as they climbed to the top 100. And the full version has a 2 star average

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post

See above, I did my best with this game that I knew how.

The lite version has several thousand 1 star rating and around one thousand 5 star rating, so a lot of people hate, but a fair amount of people like it. The sales for the full version are really good right now, they increased because of the lite version. Thus, logically, people played the lite version and liked it enough to buy it.

To answer your question, the lite version has all of the features, just not as many levels. I did make a poor decision on what levels to include, an update is in review with level 1 coming.
10-04-2009, 10:55 PM
Have you noticed a high correlation between sales and the # of lite versions downloaded?

For example, Champion Archer full version at $.99 has more downloads than the Lite version.

We Are Pocket Monkey Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook

•Our Games on the AppStore•
10-04-2009, 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WellSpentYouth View Post
Also, with popularity, does come disadvantages. I have watched 5 star average games go to 2-3 stars as they climbed to the top 100. And the full version has a 2 star average

lol- yea, but you have over 8,500 1-star reviews and slightly over 1,000 1-star reviews

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
10-04-2009, 10:59 PM
Some harsh comments in this topic.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ