★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Do you remember the old-school adventure games the good old days?

Now you can enjoy this classic adventure spirit for the first time on the App-Store!

The Super Bro is a delightful pixel-based adventure game packed with stunning retro graphics!

Gain lives & power ups, collect coins, steaks, berries and other magical items on Super World where Baldy has been trapped and searching for his lost brother.
Defeat Mr. Zold's monsters on your way home in 15 pixel-perfect levels combined with classic adventure tunes from you childhood memories!

Controls such walk, run, jump and hit are easy to use from the old-school gamepad providing a classic gameplay experience.

Enjoy The Super Bro!
01-27-2016, 02:16 PM
Super World just got an update to version 1.1!
The new version includes full Game Center support for more challenge & fun!

iTunes link: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1070859366
Official Website: http://www.superworld.e-papadakis.gr

01-27-2016, 04:35 PM
Will be picking this up, looks great!
01-27-2016, 11:46 PM
Decent game. Would be much better if you expand the hit box a bit for the controls, mainly the jump and fire buttons. Makes it feel a bit unresponsive as it is now. Also it would be great if you have the option of switching the jump and fire buttons. I would much rather have the jump button be on the far right...
01-28-2016, 04:19 AM
Thanks for your comments guys!
Feel free to write your suggestions and comments about Super World!
02-02-2016, 06:07 PM
I would really like to play this game, but the jump and hit buttons only half visible on the bottom of the screen so that there is only a small area that can be pressed. I am using an iPhone 6.

I am referring to when the game is played in landscape mode. Portrait is all together too swishy for my fat thumbs.

Last edited by demod1; 02-02-2016 at 06:10 PM.
02-10-2016, 11:35 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Hmm... wondering about those controls. That second button looks like it's WAY too far in towards the center of the screen, and that d-pad looks like some frustrating movement is gonna be goin on...

Is there a use for the up and down buttons?

Sorry, I guess a video would answer some of my questions... but it's gonna be a hard sell if the controls can't be moved/customized.
02-10-2016, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Hmm... wondering about those controls. That second button looks like it's WAY too far in towards the center of the screen, and that d-pad looks like some frustrating movement is gonna be goin on...

Is there a use for the up and down buttons?

Sorry, I guess a video would answer some of my questions... but it's gonna be a hard sell if the controls can't be moved/customized.
The controls are bad. No way to reposition or resize. Maybe it's just because its hard to reach but the jump button, that's the one in the middle, doesn't seem responsive or maybe I can't keep my thumb on it. Either way it's not working for me.
02-10-2016, 01:48 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Well that is very upsetting. Thank you for the info... I hope the developer can address the control scheme.
02-10-2016, 01:49 PM
You can try the game from yourself to see that's the d-pad i fully responsive and easy to play the game.

Left red button is the jump, right is the acceleration/weapon use.

Also notice that you can play the game in 2 different modes (landscape & portrait).

Last edited by kotsoum; 02-10-2016 at 01:51 PM.