★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Deep in his lab, the sinister scientist Dr. Kerthunk has perfected a formula for a substance he calls Goop; a substance that will guarantee his complete world domination.

The demented Doc delights in his success however there is one thing he's not counting on. That's you.

Thwart Dr. Kerthunk's attempt to unfold his diabolical scheme on our unsuspecting world. Build robot armies to assist you. Destroy the Goop and obliterate the mad doctor's dream of malevolent conquest.

An fast-paced evolution of the classic block removal and collapsing game.

FEATURES
- 3 play modes challenge your mind in different ways
- Randomly generated puzzles for infinite replayability
- Addictive gameplay
- Intuitive touch-and-flick controls
- Cool hand drawn artwork in a steampunk style
- Great music composed specifically for the game
- Quality workmanship for a first-class gaming experience

LordGek's comments:
Did everybody else miss this one as well?



No claim they re-invented the wheel but still a pretty clever take on the Same Game.

The secondary "Robot Building" game is definitely original but, enh, doesn't feel fully fleshed out.

I like the simplicity of the main untimed game which is simply eliminate as close to all bits of colored gloop (bigger groupings worth progressively more points) as you can with every 3,000 or so points at the end of the level gaining you a life and ever stray piece at the end of the level subtracting a life. How many rounds can you last?
10-04-2009, 08:11 PM
#2
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
I saw this before, thought devil posted this but I guess not,

Also is that your words after the itunes link, if it is what do you mean when you say no?

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

10-04-2009, 08:13 PM
#3
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,230
nope, i hadn't seen it, been hacking up a lung and watching tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-04-2009, 08:21 PM
#4
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,779
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
I saw this before, thought devil posted this but I guess not,

Also is that your words after the itunes link, if it is what do you mean when you say no?
This game, "match the big group of same colored blocks" has been done before DOZENS of times in the AppStore so it isn't super original, but they still did it very well.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-04-2009, 08:26 PM
#5
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,443
Anyone that can compare it to Dr. Robotonik's Mean Bean Machine on the Sega Genesis?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-04-2009, 08:28 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Anyone that can compare it to Dr. Robotonik's Mean Bean Machine on the Sega Genesis?
Is it based on similar game concepts or just because it sounds the same?

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-04-2009, 08:34 PM
#7
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,443
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Is it based on similar game concepts or just because it sounds the same?
Upon closer inspection, it must be different, because in DRMBM, those big groups would have exploded. nvrmnd

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-16-2009, 11:54 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,396
update is out

What's new
- Added new play mode called 500.
- Improved readability of the score font.
- Changed scoring in Zapparatus mode to give bonuses for back-to-back robots.
- Lots of little tweaks, improvements and polishing.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-17-2009, 03:42 PM
#9
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Saratoga, CA, USA
Posts: 11,779
Nice update!

I'm really enjoying the new scoring tweak in Zapparatus as well as the new mode!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-23-2009, 04:26 PM
#10
Joined: May 2009
Location: The Underworld
Posts: 9,230
on sale for 99 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.