★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Beta] Lowglow - Atmospheric puzzle game (Accepting beta applications)

02-10-2016, 07:41 AM
#1
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14
Lowglow - Atmospheric puzzle game (By Rockodile)



Hello!

I'm Joni and I'm part of an indie game team called Rockodile Games. We have been making small mobile games for a few years now and this game is our biggest game yet! We are located in Turku, Finland.

Lowglow is an audiovisual puzzle game with glowingly beautiful graphics combined with a dynamic audio environment and it features over 100 mind-bending physics puzzles.

Lowglow will be available on the iPad and iPhone as a Free to play game later in 2016.

Softlaunched March 22nd in New Zealand and Australia!

UPDATE***
Compatible devices: iPhone 5s / 6 / 6+ / 6s / 6s+, iPad Air / Air 2 / Mini 2 / Mini 3 / Mini 4

We're struggling on getting enough beta testers and we would really appreciate if you could come and test, give some feedback, tell us why you love it or hate it, all feedback is valuable!



The gameplay video was recorded with PC so that's why there is a mouse visible.

Screenshots:









Cinematic Trailer:



The mobile version is almost ready. We still have some tweaking to do.
Softlaunching now in NZ and AU!

Any feedback is much appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
- Joni

Last edited by jonikuusisto; 03-22-2016 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Added information about softlaunch and new screenshots
02-10-2016, 09:05 AM
#2
Joined: May 2012
Location: THE NETHERLANDS
Posts: 2,490
Looking forward to your game, saw it first at Pocketgamer, I never do Beta, but I am gonna play this as soon as it hits, good luck.

02-10-2016, 07:59 PM
#3
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 124
Hi Joni,

Do you want the feedback by replying to this thread or pm?

...grinding on hearthstone rank play -_-
02-10-2016, 08:43 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,860
Looks beautiful. Reminds me of auditorium in a way, which is very high praise in my book.
02-11-2016, 01:24 AM
#5
Joined: Nov 2012
Location: ID
Posts: 1,608
art style looks so pretty, kind of crystal jelly thing..
good luck

Game Center ID: copaeci
02-11-2016, 04:22 AM
#6
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeyflip View Post
Hi Joni,

Do you want the feedback by replying to this thread or pm?
Hi! You can give feedback by replying to this thread or by pm or you can send email to contact@rockodilegames.com.

Thanks!
02-11-2016, 12:26 PM
#7
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Northern California
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonikuusisto View Post
Hi! You can give feedback by replying to this thread or by pm or you can send email to contact@rockodilegames.com.

Thanks!
First impressions/feedback.
1. Main title/menu: love the clean and simple look although the images of the old guys' doesn't make sense until you played the game. Replacing the image with the background image of a level or the animated dots below would make it better imo.

2. Gameplay: love the physic/puzzler gameplay. I would suggest maybe an extra mode or so (i.e. time attack or some sort of survival where you're only given a limited amount of balls). This just gives your title replay value (maybe you can add those modes via igc?

3. Issues: really just minor issues (i.e. spelling errors) a) After completing Village of Wos, on the text with the old guy ("There is something hopefull", hopefull should be spelled hopeful). b) After completing Quarry of Wos, on the text with the old guy ("They have stood here before us shadowolk", shadowolk should be shadowfolk).

...grinding on hearthstone rank play -_-
02-15-2016, 06:16 AM
#8
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Turku, Finland
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by spikeyflip View Post
First impressions/feedback.
1. Main title/menu: love the clean and simple look although the images of the old guys' doesn't make sense until you played the game. Replacing the image with the background image of a level or the animated dots below would make it better imo.

2. Gameplay: love the physic/puzzler gameplay. I would suggest maybe an extra mode or so (i.e. time attack or some sort of survival where you're only given a limited amount of balls). This just gives your title replay value (maybe you can add those modes via igc?

3. Issues: really just minor issues (i.e. spelling errors) a) After completing Village of Wos, on the text with the old guy ("There is something hopefull", hopefull should be spelled hopeful). b) After completing Quarry of Wos, on the text with the old guy ("They have stood here before us shadowolk", shadowolk should be shadowfolk).
Thanks for the great feedback!

There's definitely going to be changes in the game before launch and we'll take your feedback into consideration. In the next update we will lighten the story a bit and also correct those spelling errors!

Thanks!
02-15-2016, 06:24 AM
#9
Joined: Jan 2010
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 4,355
Love the art style for this :O

Dropped iPhone 6 on live tv. Became a viral sensation.
App Reviewer and Writer for Pocketfullofapps.com. Got a new game? Want a review? Contact me!
Follow Me On Twitter @Triggywiggy BETA Tested: View Here I can test yours too!
02-15-2016, 08:07 AM
#10
This looks gorgeous. Can I ask why you decided to go F2P, though, when the Steam version is paid? Is the IAP just to unlock the full game or remove ads, or will thrte be consumables? Thanks!