★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Basketball Stars by Miniclip

02-10-2016, 09:19 AM
Basketball Stars by Miniclip

Hello TouchArcade! I'm very pleased to announce that our new game, Basketball Stars, is now soft-launched on iOS and Android!

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/app/basketball-stars/id976173170?mt=8

You can grab it from the New Zealand, Australia, Canada, Italy, Portugal and Ireland App Stores.

It's a real-time multiplayer basketball game with two different game modes. Attacker-Defender pits you in a 1-on-1 battle against your opponent, where you have to dodge and fake to create space for a shot if you're on offence. Make the shot and you keep the ball.

If you're playing defence, you'll need to mirror your opponent's moves carefully, don't fall for their fakes, and either swipe to steal the ball or leap up to make the block. If you stop the attacker scoring, you take over on offence.

There's also the Shooting Race mode (race the clock to outscore your opponent), plus tons of different courts to play on and hundreds of unique items with which to customise your character.

Check it out and see what you think - we'd love to hear any feedback!

02-10-2016, 09:25 AM
Oooohhh sweeeeeet! Downloading now <3

Edit: wow this game is pure fun, especially the attacker-defender game mode. Love it.

One bug though: When I try to login with facebook, i give it permission, but then it says it cannot open the page. Then the game says login failed. I haven't had this problem with other Miniclip games.

Last edited by fabianb; 02-10-2016 at 09:36 AM.

02-10-2016, 09:41 AM
Nice!!

Pretty sweet game!!! So far so good!!
02-10-2016, 10:06 AM
Some bugs or annoyances:

- You can't jump quickly after the first jump, making fake shooting extremely effective, a bit too much for my taste.

- One time the opponent was still in the middle and blocked my shot, even though I was shooting from the right.
02-10-2016, 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianb View Post
Oooohhh sweeeeeet! Downloading now <3

Edit: wow this game is pure fun, especially the attacker-defender game mode. Love it.

One bug though: When I try to login with facebook, i give it permission, but then it says it cannot open the page. Then the game says login failed. I haven't had this problem with other Miniclip games.
Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
02-10-2016, 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
Could you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the app?
I bet I'm losing my progress then, right? As I'm level 7 already.
02-10-2016, 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fabianb View Post
I bet I'm losing my progress then, right? As I'm level 7 already.
That would lose your progress, yes. Alternatively, try force-closing the app and then connecting to Facebook when you re-open it. If that still doesn't help, could you tell me what device you're using please?
02-10-2016, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjo View Post
That would lose your progress, yes. Alternatively, try force-closing the app and then connecting to Facebook when you re-open it. If that still doesn't help, could you tell me what device you're using please?
I'm using an iPhone 5s.
02-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Ok thanks fabianb, we'll try and reproduce the problem
02-10-2016, 12:34 PM
Alright, I reinstalled but I still have the same problem. I already gave the game permission, but after that I get a popup message that Safari can't open the page because the adress is uncorrect.

Edit: Fixed it. It was due to my jailbreak, I just reinstalled some things after I found out that the jailbreak was the cause of this issue (via google).
So I can't blame you. The only reason I use jailbreak is F.Lux which is an absolute must have for me, shame Apple doesn't install it in iOS.

Last edited by fabianb; 02-10-2016 at 12:58 PM.