★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Forbidden Desert is a thrilling cooperative adventure based on the best-selling board game.

"Forbidden Desert is definitely one of the best co-op board games in the App Store." - Touch Arcade

"Anyone looking for classic board game goodness should grab this." - iPadBoardGames.org

"Quite possibly my favorite digital board game interface ever." - Pocket Tactics

FIGHT TO SURVIVE
Your mission to recover a legendary flying machine has just been thrown into chaos. An unexpected sand storm has forced your helicopter to make a crash landing. Now, stranded in the vast desert and exposed to an unrelenting storm, your only hope for survival is to quickly excavate the ancient city, find the parts to the flying machine, and rebuild it to escape.

WIN OR LOSE, WORK TOGETHER
In order to survive your team must work as one. Forbidden Desert is a co-operative board game designed for 25 players. Share water and equipment and collaborate to plan the best strategy for victory.

OVERCOME THE ODDS
An unrelenting storm, disastrous sand dunes, and a blistering desert sun Forbidden Desert is an incredibly challenging board game that will test the limits of your team's skill. Does your team of adventurers have what it takes or will you become another artifact of the Forbidden Desert?

Details:
Play cooperatively with 2-5 players
Play single-player by controlling multiple adventurers
Learn the game with an in-depth Tutorial and Rulebook
Enjoy beautiful artwork from the original game
Collect Game Center Achievements
Save games in progress and return to them later
02-11-2016, 07:59 AM
Yes please! LOVE Forbidden Island so no brainier

02-11-2016, 08:28 AM
Learned of this last night from the simultaneous Forbidden Island update that read, "Now that Forbidden Desert is released..."

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-11-2016, 09:01 AM
'Forbidden Desert is a co-operative board game designed for 25 players'. Holy smokes!

And yes, I figured out what they meant in the end... had me for a second though...

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 02-11-2016 at 09:03 AM.
02-11-2016, 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Anarchy View Post
'Forbidden Desert is a co-operative board game designed for 25 players'. Holy smokes!

And yes, I figured out what they meant in the end... had me for a second though...
Oh, so it's like a mini-MMO?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
02-11-2016, 10:04 AM
I had forgotten this was coming, I really enjoy the more challenging board games like Pandemic, Forbidden Island, and now the Forbidden Desert. We have really been getting lots of high quality games this year.

Edit: I know LG is just joking around but for those not in the know, it's 2-5 players, not 25, that is just a misprint.

Last edited by ojtitus; 02-11-2016 at 10:15 AM.
02-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
I had forgotten this was coming, I really enjoy the more challenging board games like Pandemic, Forbidden Island, and now the Forbidden Desert. We have really been getting lots of high quality games this year.

Edit: I know LG is just joking around but for those not in the know, it's 2-5 players, not 25, that is just a misprint.
I was still scratching my head at that until you spelled it out

I am going to get this as usual.

I read the Pocket Tactics review, though, and it mentioned that it no longer has a "tabletop co-op" mode, where we just lay it on the table and sit one in front of the other, and the UI changes accordingly.

Can someone confirm this?
02-11-2016, 05:55 PM
This takes Forbidden Island and adds a few more decision points. I find the tabletop version of this to be much better and I rarely ever play Island any more unless it is with children or new players. Closer to Pandemic in complexity but not quite as much, Pandemic can get more puzzly on harder difficulties. If you like either of the 2 you probably can't go wrong here.
02-12-2016, 12:12 AM
Can you play MP over the Internet or it is just "pass and play"?
02-12-2016, 03:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckall View Post
Can you play MP over the Internet or it is just "pass and play"?

Just pass and play.