★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Scorched Earth like games...

10-04-2009, 10:09 PM
Scorched Earth like games...

I'm a brand new iPod Touch owner and the amount of apps and games available was overwhelming at first. However, thanks to sites like this I have found some really good games (iBlast Moki, Hero of Sparta).

I don't know how many of you are familiar with an older game called Scorched Earth. I'm looking for something similar for my iPod Touch. I have found iShoot and Cannon Challenge, but was wondering if there are other similar and possibly better options available.
10-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedolley View Post
I'm a brand new iPod Touch owner and the amount of apps and games available was overwhelming at first. However, thanks to sites like this I have found some really good games (iBlast Moki, Hero of Sparta).

I don't know how many of you are familiar with an older game called Scorched Earth. I'm looking for something similar for my iPod Touch. I have found iShoot and Cannon Challenge, but was wondering if there are other similar and possibly better options available.
You should check out Star Hogs and Kil.A.Ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-04-2009, 11:01 PM
Pocket Tanks is the most similar game to Scorched Earth... you might have played the PC version before if you're a fan of the genre. Lots of people prefer KILL.A.TON and Star Hogs, but I find Pocket Tanks to be the most faithful evolution of the genre, and it also has the best variety of weapons, which is really what I look for in artillery games.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
10-04-2009, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Pocket Tanks is the most similar game to Scorched Earth... you might have played the PC version before if you're a fan of the genre. Lots of people prefer KILL.A.TON and Star Hogs, but I find Pocket Tanks to be the most faithful evolution of the genre, and it also has the best variety of weapons, which is really what I look for in artillery games.
okay right now its between ishoot and maybe pocket tanks but with updates kil a ton will be the best artillery type game.

If you want something similar but out there, try worms or star hogs

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-05-2009, 12:15 AM
Pocket Tanks. Loads of weapons. Loads of fun.

hi
10-05-2009, 12:47 PM
If you want a full 3D version there is Turret Wars:

Lite Version: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=329856336&mt=8

I haven't personally played it but there is a lite version to try and some good comments on the forum so you should get a good idea from them.

Games Uncovered / Twitter / YouTube
We are looking for reviewers to write at Games Uncovered. PM me if you are interested!