★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Alas, the Black Dragon has stolen the treasure of Faraway Kingdom.
Go, faithful Knight - follow the Princess order to slay the Dragon and retrieve the treasure!

* Features

- Charming retro pixel-art that will capture your heart!
- Super easy gameplay: Just tap the screen. Tap! Tap!
- Hire powerful mercenaries to defeat monsters!
- Easy and intuitive level up system makes gameplay even more fun!
- Over 200 unique monsters and various dungeons to discover!
- Defeat boss monsters to get powerful equipment for your Knight!
- Make your Mercenaries stronger with more than 100 different items to discover!
- Bring your battle to the next level with special buffs on your mercenaries equipment!
- Obtain relics to strengthen your Knight and mercenaries!
02-12-2016, 04:39 PM
Been playing this awhile and it's great

02-12-2016, 06:22 PM
It's worth checking out.

I've played for awhile and gotten to everyone except Odin. A tip worth suggesting: the relic shop gives a free shuffle of new relics every hour. So I could pretty much update the choices until I got what I wanted. Oh and get the Commander's Totem as the 1st relic. Each level costs 1 cube for 10% damage.

Only bad thing I see is the lag. It can get bad at times with so much going on at once.
02-13-2016, 12:58 PM
I'm liking this one. A lot of it is "standard fare" for a clicker, but I suppose if it isn't broken, you don't need to fix it.

The interface also makes everything tiny on the phone so I don't really feel any sort of attachment to the mercenaries - more often than not I'm tapping on them instead of looking at them

It's nice to have a game that actually gives you full "passive gold rewards" when you're not playing the game - the last several tappers I've looked at have all restricted this, meaning if you want to get anywhere you're going to be slowly killing your battery as you leave the phone plugged in overnight.

In regards to Mercenary equipment, once you get more of them - I assume only the outfit currently being worn provides any of the boosts that you can receive by spending gems?
02-13-2016, 01:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laire View Post
I'm liking this one. A lot of it is "standard fare" for a clicker, but I suppose if it isn't broken, you don't need to fix it.

The interface also makes everything tiny on the phone so I don't really feel any sort of attachment to the mercenaries - more often than not I'm tapping on them instead of looking at them

It's nice to have a game that actually gives you full "passive gold rewards" when you're not playing the game - the last several tappers I've looked at have all restricted this, meaning if you want to get anywhere you're going to be slowly killing your battery as you leave the phone plugged in overnight.

In regards to Mercenary equipment, once you get more of them - I assume only the outfit currently being worn provides any of the boosts that you can receive by spending gems?
You definitely only so get the benefit of the currently equipped outfit. I'm finding its not worth messing with any of these yet or spending gems until you have a ton of outfits. They seem like they will be more noticeable once you have a set of the same bonuses on multiple heroes.
02-13-2016, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyapiopi View Post
You definitely only get the benefit of the currently equipped outfit. I'm finding its not worth messing with any of these yet or spending gems until you have a ton of outfits. They seem like they will be more noticeable once you have a set of the same bonuses on multiple heroes.
That's what I figured. I imagine every upgrade will cost increasingly more gems, so they wouldn't want you to "cheat the system" by upgrading everyone's Base Equipment once to get the same benefits as one person upgraded 30 times.

That said, I haven't even done this game's version of a "Rebirth" yet, so it's a bit early for me to worry about how to get the best returns on upgrade investments
02-13-2016, 06:35 PM
That's correct, although by what scale I'm not sure. I have only upgraded one once. First level costs 10 gems and the next upgrade costs 20 and provides the same benefits. Wether it increases 10 each time or doubles I'm not sure. But I can definitely say the base costume for mercenaries is garbage. You get dps multipliers pretty easily after your first withdraw that the 2% per level is crap.
02-13-2016, 08:42 PM
I maxed out Harper's 4th item. Cost was 150 total (10+20+30+40+50) and its stats are 5% gold, 5 seconds, and 10% chance. I think all the stats had 5 on it to begin with.
02-13-2016, 08:57 PM
I was obsessed with the original faraway kingdom. It's not by the same dev though? Is this a rip / spin off copied from the original faraway kingdom?

Edit: it's quite good. I'll have to check but maybe they took down the original for this.

Last edited by Zeillusion; 02-13-2016 at 09:01 PM.
02-14-2016, 12:12 AM
Just a quick tip I learned. The mercenary equipment that deals 200% dps at a 5%(cap 10%) per attack is absolutely beast. I can imagine one you have this on a few heroes ou can wreck bosses. For those wondering it deals 200% of your total DPS not just that heroes DPS. Huge instant damage boost against bosses (even the occasional insta kill regular mob).