★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: M5 Systems LLC
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.0 MB
  • Version: 5.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Dino Drop is a fun-filled, fast paced and challenging interactive trade off game that allows a single player to swap dinosaur eggs in order to make a three in a row set.  While getting three in a row causes the player to remove the set and earning points, getting more than three also removes the group and earns the player more points.  Dino Drop encourages matching and strategy thought processes as the player is having fun building sets. In order to advance through the levels, the player must earn points while moving dinosaur eggs left or right and up and down.  Each level progressively gets more challenging.  To advance through the levels, players must earn an incrementally escalating amount of points. 

Features of Dino Drop include:

· Dinosaur eggs in seven colors

· The ability to play against the clock or until no moves remain

· A convenient hint button that allows the player to visualize moves for when no moves are apparent (points are deducted as a penalty once this feature is used)

· A pause feature

· A volume on and off switch

· Limitless levels of dinosaur eggs

skyye06's comments:

lite
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=332279397&mt=8
10-05-2009, 12:55 AM
skyye I tried this one and the tutti one by the same dev, these are probably the most basic generic match 3 games you will ever find.

10-05-2009, 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
skyye I tried this one and the tutti one by the same dev, these are probably the most basic generic match 3 games you will ever find.
Yeah I know thats why I didn't bother to post the other one, tried and found it way to bland.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-05-2009, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyye06 View Post
Yeah I know thats why I didn't bother to post the other one, tried and found it way to bland.
understatement
10-05-2009, 01:27 AM
Quote:
understatement
Freedog, you a major match 3 guy? One of my favorite genres for some reason.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-05-2009, 01:30 AM
yes i love match 3's I'm looking for more of them like Jewel Quest II where you clear the background to complete a level and advance. You know of any?
10-05-2009, 01:43 AM
Quote:
yes i love match 3's I'm looking for more of them like Jewel Quest II where you clear the background to complete a level and advance. You know of any?
Well, Charmed, has you have to clear gold tiles, but not generally the whole board. I don't know of any offhand, but I will have to look at all my Match 3. I have a bunch of them.. Let me know as well if you come across anything special, or what your favs are. Just talking gem swapping types, I think that jewel quest 1 and 2, treasure of Montezuma, Charmed are probably my favs.

Oh- just thought of one you should check out. Texas Tea. It is matching, but also uses Poker hands. New levels are achieved by turning all the squares black like oil. Pretty fun. Uses a lot of board shapes like Jewel Quest and Rise of Atlantis.

10-05-2009, 01:52 AM
yeah I got Texas Tea on my maybe list, Ill get it now. Seems like we like the same kind of match 3 tile gem games, those are my favorite ones too (except Charmed) Golden Castle is a good one but its very short.
10-05-2009, 01:58 AM
Quote:
yeah I got Texas Tea on my maybe list, Ill get it now. Seems like we like the same kind of match 3 tile gem games, those are my favorite ones too (except Charmed) Golden Castle is a good one but its very short.
I'll have to look at that. Cranker also likes the Match 3 games. We have not had much luck scouring, although I am certain there are some gems hidden away in there. Charmed I like because it's just classy. I think it needs some grit, or pizazz, but with the right something, I think it could be really great. I just can't think of the right mechanic. It will come to me though. Anyways, keep me in mind when you see one you like and PM me if you like, I'll do the same. I do that with Cranker as well.

10-05-2009, 02:04 AM
yeah Charmed doesnt quite have the charming look to it as I was hping for. The gameplay is not bad, I dunno to me I feel like eating a bowl of lucky charms when Im playing that game lol.

Ya know I really wish they would port Big Kahuna Reef to the iphone or a remake of it. I dunno if you played that one before but its pretty good, classic.