★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The fate of original iOS devs

02-16-2016, 02:26 PM
The fate of original iOS devs

I was just wondering
- what would be the consequences if
Ea, ubisoft, konami, activision, and other consol studios decided to port all their old games to iOS ?
- would games like:
Modern combat
Dungeon hunter
And others
Died ?
Or would they go on when they will have to compete against battlefield, cod, and Diablo?
02-16-2016, 02:28 PM
There just a few unique games on iOS, I can consider as imortals
- asphalt 8
- infinity blade
Other than that all we have is failed attempt such as : God fire------ God of war 1 port would be an over kill

02-16-2016, 02:51 PM
On a scale of one to burrito, how high are you right now?
02-16-2016, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Haha! Funny stuff right there!
02-16-2016, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli View Post
Very high- actually I am seating in the cloud. Ha ha ha ( robot laugh)
Useless question-
02-16-2016, 04:22 PM
Seriously any thought? I was just wondering.
It's a what if situation.
And thank you for your professional, and matured replies.
02-16-2016, 04:27 PM
We'll have to accept that some companies such as EA will never bother porting their premium games to the AppStore cause of their extreme greed of course...

About original iOS developers such as Gameloft,don't mind my words (I've been loyal to them for a very long time so I can say this without any regrets,I'm an order & chaos online veteran,been playing it since beginning of 2012) I'm happy to see them slowly crumble right now,I mean that most of their games are disappearing from top 100 action games,etc,it was not like that back in the day when they were releasing games like Backstab,premium modern combat games,novas,now all what they make is f2p-energy-infested crap and even though players want games for free,they don't want to spend hundreds of bucks on some rare cards or epic weapons and they don't want crap energy games either,so "evil" f2p will not prevail completely.
Greed destroys them,it's a simple consequence,a result of what they have done to themselves.

Last edited by Kenan2000; 02-16-2016 at 04:30 PM.
02-16-2016, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post
We'll have to accept that some companies such as EA will never bother porting their premium games to the AppStore cause of their extreme greed of course...

About original iOS developers such as Gameloft,don't mind my words (I've been loyal to them for a very long time so I can say this without any regrets,I'm an order & chaos online veteran,been playing it since beginning of 2012) I'm happy to see them slowly crumble right now,I mean that most of their games are disappearing from top 100 action games,etc,it was not like that back in the day when they were releasing games like Backstab,premium modern combat games,novas,now all what they make is f2p-energy-infested crap and even though players want games for free,they don't want to spend hundreds of bucks on some rare cards or epic weapons and they don't want crap energy games either,so "evil" f2p will not prevail completely.
Greed destroys them,it's a simple consequence,a result of what they have done to themselves.
Agreed, but rock star got me thinking about the ports _ they seem to do well
02-16-2016, 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenan2000 View Post

Keep in mind it's an industry, however I think free to play could work with a donation system
02-16-2016, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madreviewer View Post
Agreed, but rock star got me thinking about the ports _ they seem to do well
GTA being one of the most best selling franchises on all platforms...

Not sure if games like GTA or FF should be taken into consideration. On most cases, now most ports would not make good profit, which is a shame. I'd love seein Fallout 1 and 2 on mobile or KOTOR 2. Fallout 3 might be a stretch. Lol.