★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Episode 1 and 2 are now available

Season 01 Urban influences - first part of a trilogy called Between light and shadow - takes place in big North American city.

This introduction to the first season of S.O.S. (Save Our Souls) presents the universe and the main characters of the season. It shows also the atmosphere in which Ethan the character youll play will evolve. Hes about to start a curriculum as a first-aid officer for very personal reasons

The action takes place for the most between campus life and field emergencies. Ethan will be confronted during his night shifts to very stressful situations, sometimes very dangerous, playing always against the time, between life and death

Ethan will have to make his presence felt, by learning to deal with the strong personalities of the other rescue team members.
Episode by episode, Ethan will improve his saving skills and will develop his observation ability.
He will learn other very useful capacities while in mission and will find out some secrets about his co-workers friends.
A gameplay, in the pure tradition of the point and click genre using all the control assets provided by iPhone and iPod.
An adventure game fit for casual gamers.
A present and fantastic adventure game in which each episode concludes with two possible endings.

Available in two languages: English, French

FEATURES:

- Discover how it is to be in first-aid officers shoes
- Addictive full 2D adventure in 10 episodes
- Dark and mysterious atmosphere
- Numerous and various attaching characters
- Simple interface: point with your finger and play
- Multiple endings
- Astonishing backgrounds
- The Victim Mode is stressful and demands to remain calm to save a person
- 4 saving slots to pause and resume your game
- 2 full episodes available
10-05-2009, 07:18 AM
French and English, sounds like a great adventure game!

10-05-2009, 07:42 AM
Visually, it looks very well done. The plotline sounds like the video game version of a prime time TV medical drama, not that this is necessarily a bad thing. For an episodic game though, I'm not so sure about the price. Seems a bit steep unless subsequent chapters will be cheaper.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
10-05-2009, 07:46 AM
Send a message via ICQ to JCik68 Send a message via Skype™ to JCik68
agree about price. Would be interesting to see how much content is there

Add me @ Gamecenter - JCik#68
10-05-2009, 07:57 AM
I picked it up, mainly because it reminds me a bit if 1112. Will have impressions in a little while.
10-05-2009, 08:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
I picked it up, mainly because it reminds me a bit if 1112. Will have impressions in a little while.
thanks man, love to hear what you got to say.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-05-2009, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCik68 View Post
agree about price. Would be interesting to see how much content is there
Yeah, the content is the big thing. "Over 500 dialogue lines" is thoroughly unhelpful, and if this game is going to be split into 10 episodes, I'm inclined to think each episode is going to be rather short -- and so far that seems to be the case with current episodic adventure games.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
10-05-2009, 08:05 AM
I'm also looking at this. Waiting for impressions eagerly.
10-05-2009, 08:16 AM
Trilogy? I hope its not like "1112: Episode 1". This Game was awesome but the developer never released episode 2.

Last edited by Chuck; 10-05-2009 at 08:19 AM.
10-05-2009, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Trilogy? I hope its not like "1112: Episode 1". This Game was awesome but the developer never released episode 2.
That dev is working on another game (Rogue Planet) but has said they have started working on Ep.2

It's tough for these small team indie devs to crank out new content. 1112 is all hand drawn and takes a lot of time to pull everything together. There was also the issue of Apple maybe offering a way to charge for DLC so Ep.2 wouldn't have to be a separate app.