★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
02-18-2016, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckystrikeguy View Post
No iap man.
So if I line up a 7 4 creature with a 7 4 creature they don't kill each other in combat ? So far the lack of tutorial is really going to make people that dont play a lot of card games really confused. I play a ton and I'm struggling. Also there needs to be a pathfinding thing added to the movement part of the game(think dream quest )

On the bright side the art is pretty good and I think there will be some cool deck building once you get into it. Love the portrait mode.
Point taken on help/tutorial and thank you for the feedback.
Regarding combat: Your creatures attack at the end of your turn, dealing their damage to any blocking creatures or the enemy player. They do not take damage back from defending creatures.
02-18-2016, 12:28 AM
Thanks everyone for the info. Sounds like interesting.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)

02-18-2016, 12:58 AM
Good fun so far plays a bit like a hybrid of a streamlined Magic and the lane based combat of a game like Spectromencer.

Some unique twists I've learned so far:

1) All monsters attack the opposing baddy in their lane or your opponent if nobody is there to block them. Attackers do not take any damage in these attacks, only the defenders and damage done 1 round to an opponent's units is persistent (i.e not reset at the end of the turn like they do i Magic).
2) Mana activated abilities act a bit uniquely in this game. Even though you can only play 1 mana a turn, you decide if you play it normally or, if a unit with mana activated abilities, play a mana source right onto it.
3) Equipment can be played either before or after the unit of that lane enters play and if that crature is killed, the equipment stays in the lane for your next unit in that lane to use.
4) Lastly, don't worry, while a TCG, there is no purchasing of card packs in this game or, unless I missed it, any way to use real money to purchase cards. You'll get gold and cards in the dungeons and with them you'll be abel to either forge or buy even rarer cards. $2.99 is all you pay until they add expansions with new cards.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 02-18-2016 at 01:03 AM.
02-18-2016, 01:11 AM
[QUOTE=LordGek;3793046]Good fun so far plays a bit like a hybrid of a streamlined Magic and the lane based combat of a game like Spectromencer.

Spectromancer stayed on my phone in the number 1 game position for over a year😁. Will this do the same??
02-18-2016, 01:13 AM
Ok waiting for a iPad version before I get this one.
The game looks pretty good!
02-18-2016, 02:06 AM
Hello,
I would like to know if it's like Orions 2 (which I really like a LOT) ?
Also, please share some impressions - mini review.

Judging from the gameplay video on youtube, I would suggest to developers to add to battle some special effects. For example to see particle effects, magic, claws appear and disappear, wind, poison perhaps, etc. To be much more alive. I know it's a card game and maybe you are not a big company but it would be fantastic if you could add these "mini touches" so even if it's a card game, to be more lively.

Portrait only is not very bad.
Thank you developers that you brought us a premium title and not iaps /ads, etc and without an internet connection ALL THE TIME !!!
02-18-2016, 02:16 AM
Still forming an opinion of it. So far it's not bad. Probably worth the money. The layout of dungeons is dream questy, but it's not semi-permadeath like that. In fact not sure if there is a consequence for losing a battle.

I've picked blue which in starting to think was a difficult colour to play as I already have to go around and pick on rats for some leveling before going back to a better AI opponent.

To the guy that asked is this like orions. Yes it is somewhat. It is lane based, and you have to earn cards to build your deck just like orions. It's a very simple concept that works and I'm actually surprised there aren't more exactly like this.

Anyway. I wanted to know how the heck do I cast that v
Cannot work it out. I press on the wording on the card, brings up that screen, I say ok, and nothing happens even though I have the aeon in stock AND even in hand.

Edit: hmm will have to give LordGek's item 2 above a go to answer my question.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	99770  
02-18-2016, 02:33 AM
No MP I presume...

02-18-2016, 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
No MP I presume...
Would much prefer it that way.

Anyway I'm taking the dive
02-18-2016, 02:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themagicjesus View Post
Would much prefer it that way.

Anyway I'm taking the dive
Sold, like waiting for universal Lost Cities, I don't mind playing iPhone games on iPad