★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
06-18-2017, 10:26 PM
Aw, missed out on the sale from the other day. Hope to catch it next one, as this looks quite interesting.
06-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Is there any way to add something that would show your playtime for each save file? I feel like it'd be nice to know all the hours I put into this game. I've probably spent so much time on it..

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / Kingdom Rush Series / Never Gone / Steam World Heist
My Artwork: http://pixiv.me/raidriar / SAO Memory Defrag ID: 259763993580 / Fate Grand Order JPN

06-19-2017, 04:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Lawliet View Post
Is there any way to add something that would show your playtime for each save file? I feel like it'd be nice to know all the hours I put into this game. I've probably spent so much time on it..
I don't know whether i would like to know the hours I've put in
06-19-2017, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikanderoga View Post
I got an interesting one:
Psychotic break.
I usually play this card as soon as I have 4 black aeons.
But I usually also have 4 red aeons.
The 4 red aeons never get converted into black, when playing this card, so the opponent only loses the minimum of two cards, instead of 3.
But if have 5 black aeons, he correctly loses 3 cards, but no other aeons get converted.
I will investigate this and get back to you...

Mike Camilli - developer of Lost Portal CCG [website, forum thread, Facebook]
06-19-2017, 07:03 AM
I have added the request to the wish list, and I'll do a little research about it. Not sure when I could get to something like this, however (unless it turns out to be really easy to add).

06-19-2017, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordFoul View Post
I will investigate this and get back to you...
@Tikanderoga - I've looked at the code and I can tell you what is happening. It is working as designed, although I can understand the confusion. The extra aeons required to trigger additional discards is not part of the casting cost, so the 4-1 aeon exchange can't be used to pay its cost. It is a card ability that triggers when the card is cast. If the card were to be disrupted, for instance, it would not be paid.

This applies to all four cards with this sort of ability, one in each color: Psychotic Break, Storm Funnel, Dream Surge and Forest Titan. It is particularly obvious on the Forest Titan, as it shows up as an "on cast" ability called Ancient's Power, whereas the other three just have text describing the ability.

06-21-2017, 12:49 AM
No worries. Thanks for checking Mike :-)
07-17-2017, 04:03 AM
Just picked it up. Can't wait to play it. Is the gold in each run limited, or is there a place to go that has an unlimited amount of enemies? If not, what happens if you lose most of your gold and cannot progress (without having to drop the difficulty)? How long, on average, are most runs?
07-17-2017, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baconcow View Post
Just picked it up. Can't wait to play it. Is the gold in each run limited, or is there a place to go that has an unlimited amount of enemies? If not, what happens if you lose most of your gold and cannot progress (without having to drop the difficulty)? How long, on average, are most runs?
There are a finite number of enemies, except after you complete the main campaign, after which you can unlock an ancient portal where you can face an unlimited number of random enemies.

If you hit a point where you can not progress, you would have to consider starting over. This is more likely on hard/extreme difficulty where you can also lose cards from your deck as well as gold, but can happen. It is also more likely early on in the game before you've gotten your deck strategy established. My advice is to start on easy and work your way up as you get the hang of things. As you noted you can always adjust the difficulty up or down. Hope you enjoy it!

07-24-2017, 07:11 PM
Just a note that Lost Portal is currently on sale for $1. Tell your friends to get it for that price while they can, as the sale ends soon!