★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Osiris Gaming
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.3 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Works Great in Iphone, Ipod and Ipad!

TAKE IT FOR A SPIN TODAY!

You are the pilot of a TX-24 Tactical Gunship. Your job is to protect the Allied worlds that depend on the stargate network from the hordes of murdering Targ pirates. This on-going assignment is tedious and seeming endless, but the good people of the Alliance depend on you. Its a thankless job, but what else is a gate jockey going to do?

There is a certain satisfaction in watching any number of Targ pirate ships erupt into brilliant rainbow hued blogs of iridescent death!

5/5 Stars - "
I love this game. Download it and blow up spaceships!"
- AppStruck

- 10 brilliantly rendered worlds
- very responsive controls
- lightning fast gameplay

SPIRUS will find itself at the peak of thumb-driven shooters.

Pilot yourself through endless battles and through many stargates, plotting a course of death and destruction to all that would threaten the Allied Worlds.

SPIRUS is the new name in thumb-driven shooters!

Take it for a spin today!
10-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Looks very good graphically. Reminds me of Kryzer because of its circular play area. This one just goes round, it doesn't look like the ship can spiral in and out.

Red button is "fire", I assume. Is it possible to switch the side where the buttons are at (fire button on right side instead of the left, same with the directional buttons)?

10-05-2009, 08:38 AM
there are no options except to mute sound. The ship moves very quickly, which takes some getting used to. I really wish there was a restart option so that you don't have to go through the 2-3 flashscreens each game.

very challenging for me, second level and I'm tapped out, the pace is fast. Oh and the respawning needs some work, its missing temporary invincibility so that you don't lose another life a second after respawning.

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::
10-05-2009, 08:51 AM
Rainbow-hued blogs of iridescent death?

They explode into Perez Hilton?

Kinky.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
10-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Rainbow-hued blogs of iridescent death?

They explode into Perez Hilton?

Kinky.
lol
10-05-2009, 10:59 AM
kind of reminds me of Tempest

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-05-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veratek View Post
there are no options except to mute sound. The ship moves very quickly, which takes some getting used to. I really wish there was a restart option so that you don't have to go through the 2-3 flashscreens each game.

very challenging for me, second level and I'm tapped out, the pace is fast. Oh and the respawning needs some work, its missing temporary invincibility so that you don't lose another life a second after respawning.

Thank you for your input!

We will have a [skip] in version 1.1 and maybe a speed control. There is a 2 second invincibility during respawn already.
10-21-2009, 08:33 AM
i really want to like this, but i always end up hating the controls on these types of games when its up to two buttons (left/right).

any chance you can include an optional slider on the right hand of the display instead of the buttons? say make the top of the slider the 0 degrees, and the bottom the 360 degrees (or pretty much back to 0 again).

that way sliding all the way from the top to the bottom will make the ship go in one complete circle.

for some reason i always felt (personally) i have more detailed control with that method than the left/right mechanism.

just a thought.

while you're considering it.... might as well include the option to mirror the controls on the other side of the screen, for the lefties out there.
10-23-2009, 09:53 AM
We used that style of control to begin with but most people in playtesting had trouble with it. They adapted much better to the left and right arrows. The style of controller we chose was the 4th one we tried over all.
10-23-2009, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGaming View Post
Thank you for your input!

We will have a [skip] in version 1.1 and maybe a speed control. There is a 2 second invincibility during respawn already.
awesome little game! i was wrong about the respawning but what i meant was that sometimes after you respawn - an enemy on the other side of the ring will be too close to ever kill it in time - so you end up losing 2 lives from 1 mistake. Hope that makes sense, I'm not sure if it's me sucking or something that should even be fixed.

Currently Playing::Meteor Blitz, EW Jim, Boost 3D, COD: Zombies, Eliminate::