★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Welcome back the past with City Quest, a powerful love letter to the adventure games of yesteryear. Follow a simple farmer boy as he tries to make a name for himself in the big city. Players can enjoy four storylines - Hobo, Mafia, Politician, and Lady of the Night, each with their own unique cast of misfits to help you along the way (as well as several different endings for each). Packed with often offensive and always absurd humor, this game will tickle the funnybone and anger the gods.

Key Features
- Four storylines (Mafia, Politician, Hobo, Lady of the Night)
- 13 Districts
- 150+ Beautiful "High Resolution" Scenes
- 100+ NPCs to guide, distract, help, and occasionally kill you
- Minigames and puzzles to stump and frustrate you
- Dozens of brutal and hilarious pixelated deaths

Nohr's comments:
Hello there!

TLDR: We made a game, people seem to enjoy it, you might too!

My name is Ryan, and I and my partner Jon have been working on City Quest for several years now. In 2013 we ran a successful Kickstarter campaign, and we finally shipped for Steam last August. Since we first started showing this game at local meetups, we were showing on iPhone, so we've had this release in mind since the beginning. We feel that this is an exceptional experience on mobile, and we hope you will too!

City Quest is a Sierra and LucasArts inspired Point and Click Adventure about a small-town farmer boy that comes to the big city to make something of himself. Shenanigans and death ensue.

Release Details
Release Date: 2/18/2016
Price: $2.99
Link

Media
More Screenshots
Trailer

If you have any further questions, we’re more than happy to answer them. We hope you choose to play the game and are moved to write a piece about it, but even more we hope you enjoy the game!

02-18-2016, 04:33 PM
Looks great! Any impressions on if the action buttons are hard to press? They kinda look it from the screenshots.

Also is there a lot of pixel hunting or (on the other extreme) highlighted hot spots?

02-18-2016, 05:34 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
We've always found that the mobile version feels pretty good to play, and many times the go to choice for us. I suppose it really depends on how you like to hold your device, but we've never seen much of a problem with the action buttons.

Most interactions are the same as any other object in the scene, we don't generally draw attention to quest items and whatnot. Pretty much everything in the game world can be interacted with, so there's not usually anything too special about any given object. I'm not quite sure if that answers your question or not.
02-18-2016, 05:50 PM
The controls are perfect.

Nohr, I gotta ask...is the game supposed to be around 500 MBs installed? Obviously I've just started, so I don't know what the game holds within its walls, but I was under the assumption that size was due to being a...*pulls out copy of LSL 6*...talkie...but it isn't.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 02-18-2016 at 05:53 PM.
02-18-2016, 05:56 PM
Yeah, we've got some slimming down to do, sorry about that. We're looking into that right now.
02-18-2016, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohr View Post
Yeah, we've got some slimming down to do, sorry about that. We're looking into that right now.
Awesome.

Now that the itch to ask that is gone, time to...QUEST!

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
02-18-2016, 07:01 PM
Quote:

hi Nohr, i would love to play this beauty, is there a chance to have it downgraded to support also iOS 7? please...
02-18-2016, 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwarmaxx View Post
hi Nohr, i would love to play this beauty, is there a chance to have it downgraded to support also iOS 7? please...
I will look into this Gwar! We're going to try to push out an update very quickly, so keep your eyes peeled!
02-18-2016, 07:18 PM
Oh wow, graphics and gameplay look like The Last Door. Love that series.
02-18-2016, 07:19 PM
Quote:
I will look into this Gwar! We're going to try to push out an update very quickly, so keep your eyes peeled!
thanks a lot Nohr, i'll be waiting for it.