★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Travel among the stars, explore planets and star ports, trade and combat in an infinite procedurally generated universe.

Stellar Horizon is a game about exploration and survival in an infinite procedurally generated universe.
Starting with only a small starship and a few credits, do whatever it takes to earn skill,
knowledge, wealth and power.
Trading, hunting, mining, exploration : how you play Stellar Horizon is up to you.

A TRULY OPEN UNIVERSE

You can fly seamlessly from the surface of a planet to another, and every star in the sky is a sun that you can visit.
Where youll go and how fast youll make your way through this universe is up to you.

BUILD FOR AN EPIC JOURNEY

Whether you want to explore and see things never before discovered, or directly find the best trade routes,
how you play Stellar Horizon is up to you.

Explore and map new star systems, earning yourself recognition and credits.

Help rebels overthrow an oppressive regime or a government put down a rebellion, working as a gun-for-hire or assassin.

Trade and influence the commodity market prices.

Buy your own spatial stations and become an entrepreneur!

Complete geographic missions, or analyse vegetal/water samples from different systems to become a renowned scientist!

Discover new planets and enjoy gorgeous landscapes : every planet is different from the next.

Find ancient monoliths that could reveal the secrets behind the universe...

4 BILLION STAR SYSTEMS. INFINITE FREEDOM. BLAZE YOUR OWN TRAIL.

update 1.0.11 : bulletin board system!
update 1.0.10 : discover ancient civilization monoliths!

What is procedural generation ?

Core to Stellar Horizon is that its virtual galaxy, including the stars and planets, are all created through random procedural generation
using deterministic algorithms. A single seed number is used to create these features via mathematical computation thus eliminating
the need to create each of these features by hand.
This enables the game to have a massively open nature: it is estimated that with the 32-bit seed number, Stellar Horizon virtual
galaxy will include over 4 billion planets. Any player will be able to visit a specific planet once they know its galactic
coordinates, given their spacecraft has the capability to do so, and find the same features as any other player,
as these coordinates serve as the seed for the planet's topography and environment.
02-19-2016, 02:25 AM
Why does this look like a scam?

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder

02-19-2016, 02:39 AM
Damn that compression! 26 MB for infinite freedom sounds nice I suppose

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar // Gamecenter ID: raidriar
02-19-2016, 02:46 AM
The dev has certainly had a decent history on the app store. Radzone was pretty well liked here. Some of his games date back to 2010, and many have received multiple updates since their release.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
02-19-2016, 03:10 AM
This looks like cheap no mans sky. Even the hud is similar.

Coordinator @ Fat Thunder
Fatthunder.com
facebook.com/fatthunder
twitter.com/fat_thunder
02-19-2016, 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsrco View Post
This looks like cheap no mans sky. Even the hud is similar.
that would be neat if we have something like No Mans Sky on iOS.
02-19-2016, 05:28 AM
gameplay videos?
02-19-2016, 06:06 AM
Hud reminds me of elite, and game seems like elite frontier where can go down to planets surfaces.
We must remember that elite frontier, came on 1 (or was it 2?) 1.4mb floppy discs.... And yet contained thousands of planets that you could go down to and explore and dock at.
So 26mb for this game is possible
02-19-2016, 06:07 AM
It's really hard to use. I bought it but I'm having trouble figuring it out. You can descend to planets but it's just a static screen and you can basically scan the 3D image for resources. You can also land on stations where you can theoretically recover your fuel, and buy and sell goods from station to station. I haven't yet figured out how to access the plot yet though.
02-19-2016, 06:15 AM
The tiger ship in the screenshot looks like a viper from elite
Looks like ship designs use basic graphics, so maybe it is genuine and is actually 26mb.

Must use a online database if discovered planets, can be visited by other players.
Wonder if this is also multiplayer?