★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Minimum devices for optimum gameplay are iPhone5s and iPad Air.

In Epic of Kings, players are invited to control their hero and lead him into battle against waves of lethal adversaries as he embarks on a simple mission only to find out soon that he is part of a larger adventure and challenge. The player will traverse the various epic landscapes of the mythological world of Khunirath.

Review Best Apps - 'Neat and clean with extremely good graphics'
148 Apps - 'A gripping storyline and a deep combat system'
Touch Arcade - 'Looks pretty sweet'

Key Features:
Epic blend of fantasy adventure and action
A deep combat system using intuitive touch controls
Epic boss fights and cinematic sequences
High end visual graphics
Engaging story

Years after the first war of the deities, in the torn lands of Khunirath, the once glorious warlords of the army of light were now lone mercenaries wandering the kingdoms in search for opportunities to practice their fading skills and survive. Conflict and chaos ruled the realms and the ashes of the first war turned into occasional fires between the humans and the Deevs that looked for opportunities to conquer the realms.

The story of Epic of Kings follows the journey of one of the mercenary warlords on his mission where he will face much greater challenges and gets involved in epic adventures in the mythological fantasy world of Khunirath.

Eli's comments:

Epic of Kings

Dead Mage Inc.
Genres: Games Action Adventure

02-19-2016, 01:31 PM
I wonder if this will work on iPad 4...

02-19-2016, 01:35 PM
I'll take the plunge. Running 6s+ on the iOS 9.3 beta. I have an hour till my lunch and will quickly post impressions around noon PST. So in a little over an hour.
02-19-2016, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by rezn View Post
I'll take the plunge. Running 6s+ on the iOS 9.3 beta. I have an hour till my lunch and will quickly post impressions around noon PST. So in a little over an hour.
Right on. Thanks
02-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Was nervous about the monetization in this one, but yay no IAP. Still, not sure I need an Infinity Blade-alike. But might take the plunge.

Edit: The dragon in the trailer just makes me miss the dragons in IB3, which were a helluva lot more impressive. Won't someone just make a game centered around dragons of that quality? :P

Last edited by AppUnwrapper; 02-19-2016 at 01:51 PM.
02-19-2016, 01:48 PM
Can't download it fast enough. Running 6s+ will post impressions shortly.
02-19-2016, 01:58 PM
At work no wifi
02-19-2016, 02:07 PM
Initial inpressions: It is an infinity blade like game set in a fantasy world. Done 2 levels and have only seen 1 type of enemy so far. You can only move by touching on orange circles and there is no free camera movement. Intro was excellent, professional and high quality with matching voice work to boot.

There seems to be only 1 type of chest to open that gives you xp. From the description there will be boss battles too. There are also simple puzzles to solve which is a nice addition.

There is no IAP and it looks like you can only upgrade 3 things: your attack, your crit attack and something else.

The game is running unreal 4 yer IB3 still looks better. The game works via linear levels so The issue I would have is not knowing how many levels the game has to offer. If it's only 10 then this isn't worth the price. Hopefully there is enough content as the game itself is quite fun to play and not too deep.

Last edited by master333; 02-19-2016 at 02:09 PM.
02-19-2016, 02:26 PM
Yay! It released. Downloading now.
02-19-2016, 02:29 PM
Bought it and played first 2 levels. It's ok but honestly if you already have IB3 then you pretty much don't need this. I'll keep playing just because I payed for it but it's not a game I can see staying on my device for very long.