Never had an iPhone.... until today.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, Feb 20, 2016.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Verizon sent me a text message to get a new 6 Plus with 64GB of memory, and it is just $2 more a month than our current plan, but we get 2 extra GB of data for life as long as the phone number stays active ( a shared 2GB, which is actually the best for us ).

So, I don't have it yet, as they ship it to me. But I am super excited. I always wanted an iPhone. My only concern is that it may be too big for my hands.

And, of course, I will own it in two years, and as long as everything is fine with the phone, I will own it a couple of years more than two. I don't always upgrade just because I can.

I took advantage of this deal without even knowing ANYTHING about the phone except that it has a huge screen.

I will be getting rid of my Galaxy S4, which I hated because it was too sensitive. Things opened up all the time. I was constantly butt dialing.... just a huge pain in the ass.

Anything I may not like about the 6 Plus?

Thanks!

Oh, and what website would you recommend for a community forum?

2. cabuckn2

cabuckn2 Active Member

Sep 9, 2014
    It's a great device!

Apple has good community forums for general support.

TA is clearly the place for games.

Reddit has a decent community regarding Apple and iOS.

Enjoy!

3. one.sixty.four

one.sixty.four Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2013
    minnesota
    I think the size is awesome, I use the 6S plus as my main phone and it really does everything well. Have fun with it!

4. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    Well, I have had it a week now, and have already used it for more things than any other phone I ever used.... and I LOVE how voicemail works....

5. pluto6

pluto6 Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2009
    Military
    Its easy to get hooked. I sometimes think about going back to a flip phone, but the iphone just gives me the world wherever I am. Would be hard to drop that.

6. HentaiOyaji

HentaiOyaji Member

Mar 9, 2016
    i switched to iphone last year and i must say it was a smart move.... eveything more slick and way less issue of lag and overheat compared to android

7. johndoep

johndoep Active Member

Apr 25, 2016
    Well said! Except the part about going back to the flip phone