★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Suggestion for TA to make money besides patreon

02-21-2016, 11:58 PM
Suggestion for TA to make money besides patreon

i was thinking that besides a patreon how about getting together with a game developer and making a game and splitting profits with a game and in return you could give the game a spotlight , advertisement, and the biggest loyal fan base to almost guarantee top of the chart success even if it isn't that strong of A game.even for those who can't donate money yet buy apps every week . Put it out there for 9.99 and see what happens
Just a thought
02-22-2016, 05:44 AM
That would be a great idea if people would do it.
As an 80s and 90s console game child, I still can't believe the incredible games I can play for $.99 - 2.99 these days. Plenty of games would be worth $9.99 if I knew part of it was going towards this site.
Sometimes I click on the sponsor ads just because I think it helps? Does it, or do I actually have to buy the game advertised?

02-22-2016, 06:29 AM
Yea lets make it a gladiator game and all of the writers like Eli and Carter are bosses. We'd have to throw some humor in there so you know you'd have me in the game claiming they only give games good scores if they have energy timer mechanics hehe

Billy

It's actually not a bad idea to be honest. I'd buy a game if it was about TA.
02-22-2016, 07:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
i was thinking that besides a patreon how about getting together with a game developer and making a game and splitting profits with a game and in return you could give the game a spotlight , advertisement, and the biggest loyal fan base to almost guarantee top of the chart success even if it isn't that strong of A game.even for those who can't donate money yet buy apps every week . Put it out there for 9.99 and see what happens
Just a thought
If apps struggle to survive the appstore, what guarantee would putting up a new app do? Im pretty sure slapping the Touch Arcade logo would help a bit, but it wont be much. If supposedly popular premium games like MHFU and Bioshock end up in limbo, i cant see any guarantee that this'll fare much better. A title like Horizon Chase didnt even survive as a premium title.

And you're suggesting a $10 price tag.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
02-22-2016, 08:16 AM
Several forums have "premium" or VIP options. Usually like $5 a month.

For core readers, I think this would be a no brainer. I know I would do it in a heartbeat.

The user would get silly perks like larger avatar, different color username, etc.
02-24-2016, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabuckn2 View Post
Several forums have "premium" or VIP options. Usually like $5 a month.

For core readers, I think this would be a no brainer. I know I would do it in a heartbeat.

The user would get silly perks like larger avatar, different color username, etc.
Have you looked at the patreon? There are already forums titles attached to the different tiers.
02-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jubelio View Post
Have you looked at the patreon? There are already forums titles attached to the different tiers.
Hi there, from the actual cabuckn (had some username issues, so TA helped me out and gave me my original name on my "main" account here lol

Yeah, I actually just did the Patreon pledge yesterday (my badge will show up next month or something I think). I'm glad to support, was just throwing a different idea out there is all.

GameCenter: cabuckn