★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

I only buy the best games

10-05-2009, 01:24 PM
I only buy the best games

The ones with the most hype, and minimum 4 star rating.

Ones I know I will play beyond the 20 minute induction period.

Q: Excluding official App Store Reviewers, why do you purchase these obviously unpolished games that are littered with flaws and boredom?
10-05-2009, 01:27 PM
You've missed a ton of great games.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

10-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Because of OpenFeint.
10-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bravetarget View Post
The ones with the most hype, and minimum 4 star rating.

Ones I know I will play beyond the 20 minute induction period.

Q: Excluding official App Store Reviewers, why do you purchase these obviously unpolished games that are littered with flaws and boredom?
What games do you have?
10-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comassion View Post
What games do you have?
it'd take some time to write up the whole list. but, when i have time to play some iphone games its hard to make the decision because they've all maintained my interest over weeks and weeks. /highfive

as an example, xenowars
10-05-2009, 01:31 PM
Every gamer likes different things, something that looks "unpolished" to you may look really great to others.

There are TONS of good games in the app store that have less than a 4-star average rating, you are really missing out on a lot if that is how you deem which games are worth purchasing.

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn
10-05-2009, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jecebn View Post
Every gamer likes different things, something that looks "unpolished" to you may look really great to others.

There are TONS of good games in the app store that have less than a 4-star average rating, you are really missing out on a lot if that is how you deem which games are worth purchasing.
very well said

and if you are relying on highly rated app store ratings...there are plenty of games with all 5 star reviews...all of which are fake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Quote:

I am with you
10-05-2009, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
and if you are relying on highly rated app store ratings...there are plenty of games with all 5 star reviews...all of which are fake
You shouldn't have told him that, we could have just directed him to a bunch of them and pretended we were really hyped about them

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
10-05-2009, 02:30 PM
Quote:

Agreed.