★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The mighty Redbeard is back in the killer follow-up to the best Nordic mobile game of 2011!

Help Redbeard defend his precious flowers from hordes of invading Vikings, making use of his sharp axe and unparalleled throwing skills, spells from the Gods and awesome power-ups!

Axe in Face is easy to learn and play, featuring innovative line-drawing gameplay, beautifully animated graphics (with just the right pinch of cartoonish blood and gore of course), challenging levels and extremely creative enemies (tip: set your axe on fire to finish-off those Vikings hiding behind trees)
It is time to sharpen your axe and join Redbeard in his epic axeventure!

PROTECT THE FLOWERS
Defending your flowerbed is the most important thing a Viking warrior can do. Even though Redbeard is as kind as the next Viking, his passion for flowers can turn him into a vicious killing machine. Redbeard knows how to handle a watering can, but he can also throw an axe like no other Viking in the land if someone crosses his flowers.

DEFEAT THE VIKING HORDES
There are some real unmannered Vikings out there, and they are stomping down on Redbeards flower beds destroying his beloved flowers. Are you gonna let em get away with that? Your axe throwing skills are needed to take them down so grab your finest axe and teach em some manners.

SUMMON THE POWER OF THE GODS
Need more killing power? Just ask the Gods to send you a convenient lightning bolt or provoke a massive explosion that will send bits and pieces of those nasty invaders right to Valhalla!

DISCOVER THE WORLD OF REDBEARD
There are always more levels to play and more enemies to behead. Just keep an eye out on those Viking invaders and strike them as they stick their heads out. With a progressive difficulty, innovative tactics, changing environments, exciting spells, Axe in Face 2 will keep you highly entertained.

CHALLENGE YOUR FRIENDS
Challenge your friends to see whos the best axe thrower in the Viking world and, of course, save the Daffodils in the process.
02-22-2016, 01:12 PM

You on the left off the screen and you have 1 axe. The enemies come from the right, draw the path of the axe and the kill the enemies. It's simple, but pretty fun.

02-22-2016, 01:46 PM
The original (by Blue Carrot Games) was updated last year, plus an included survival mode. What a huge Woot for some fans. Unfortunatelly the game started freezing after every level. Email contact wasn't answered. Now, the game is gone from the store. *cry*

This new version comes from another dev, but since both are from Denmark, maybe they had a deal or are working together or...honestly, i give a...

And yes, expect to have 6 lives with a 20 minutes timer, and while there was a watercan you could collect (gain one life back) in the first ten levels, it disappeared afterwards. One level costs one life, whether you die or not. I try to never use this negative word, hate, but here it's ok with me. Pity.
I had to do level 15 twice, so all my lives were used and i got the usual free refill. The lure is thrown...

Edit: ...and deleted. Played the next six level 16-21 and no life left. Only consumables iap's $1,5,18,48,100. Perfectly done bad in all (my) aspects. Again, pity.

Last edited by Qwertz555; 02-22-2016 at 02:25 PM.
02-22-2016, 03:58 PM
That's sad to hear!
I was kinda excited, I loved the first game a lot! It was very charming with a cool gameplay and funny characters.
Another game that vanished from the store, great!
Shame on the greedy f2p way!!! I will try it for old times sake, but when the timer comes...bye bye Axe in Face!
(Yeah, I know they have to live)
02-23-2016, 11:03 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Well that sucks...

I got VERY excited seeing this thread... Until I read through it...

Guess I'll stick with Zoombies... =o/
02-23-2016, 01:06 PM
Insta-fail, DELETED
02-23-2016, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertz555 View Post
The original (by Blue Carrot Games) was updated last year, plus an included survival mode. What a huge Woot for some fans. Unfortunatelly the game started freezing after every level. Email contact wasn't answered. Now, the game is gone from the store. *cry*

This new version comes from another dev, but since both are from Denmark, maybe they had a deal or are working together or...honestly, i give a...

And yes, expect to have 6 lives with a 20 minutes timer, and while there was a watercan you could collect (gain one life back) in the first ten levels, it disappeared afterwards. One level costs one life, whether you die or not. I try to never use this negative word, hate, but here it's ok with me. Pity.
I had to do level 15 twice, so all my lives were used and i got the usual free refill. The lure is thrown...

Edit: ...and deleted. Played the next six level 16-21 and no life left. Only consumables iap's $1,5,18,48,100. Perfectly done bad in all (my) aspects. Again, pity.
Bugger, I'd played the first few levels and was really enjoying it till I noticed the timers and even then I still had hopes I could pay to remove them.
02-24-2016, 08:46 PM
I played for a little bit and was having fun so, like always when I like a game, I decided to throw them some money. Picked $4.99 and put my password in. " are you sure you want to pay $49.99" came up. Unfortunately I clicked yes. Now my stomach is upset. I know I pushed $4.99. Tried it again but cancelled. Same thing. HEADS UP.
02-24-2016, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grimztone View Post
I played for a little bit and was having fun so, like always when I like a game, I decided to throw them some money. Picked $4.99 and put my password in. " are you sure you want to pay $49.99" came up. Unfortunately I clicked yes. Now my stomach is upset. I know I pushed $4.99. Tried it again but cancelled. Same thing. HEADS UP.
Gross. Definitely hit up Apple about a refund for that, you should get it no problems.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
02-25-2016, 04:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boardumb View Post
Gross. Definitely hit up Apple about a refund for that, you should get it no problems.
I tried to find a way to do that but was unable to. I guess I can google how. I really liked the game though just nit $50 like.