★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: It's time to knock off some Zombie Heads.

The truth authentic original game experience highly polished and improved for your IPhone. Now you will be able to use all the bats to knock off all the heads of the creepy monsters.

Resist through 20 waves of zombies attacks with the only weapon of your bat. Try to knock off as many heads as possible in order to upgrade your power level and get some new powerful bats that will help you against the monsters that are going to come.

Keep training your aiming skills until you break all the records of best head hunters in the world.

Your adrenaline level is going to increase fast. Are you ready?

More Info:
http://www.zombie-baseball.com
10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Seriously?

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=315310640&mt=8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foozelz View Post
Where are the hookers?

10-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Hit or Die clone.

10-05-2009, 04:13 PM
thats what I was thinking, I have Hit or Die and I like that game, but its not perfect. I wonder if this ones any better? (Obviously not the graphics)
10-05-2009, 04:27 PM
There is a flash version of this game....

http://armorgames.com/play/2515/zombie-baseball

Enjoy
10-05-2009, 04:38 PM
Just tried it out, its in like slow motion, I like the game though. Are you the dev?
10-05-2009, 04:40 PM
Oh well I'll TOFTT, impressions later.
10-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Impressions/Review

The concept of the game is simple...
You are standing on the ground next to a house, your lady will throw balls down from the window above you for you to hit at the oncoming zombies with your bat(s) You will have to defeat the waves of zombies moving toward you(preferabley by knocking off as many of their heads as possible) and stop them from reaching you or the house. You must survive through 20 levels. The levels in the game are days, You fight increasing waves of zombies each day and every few days new zombies/monsters of different sizes and strengths are added into the mix, including an occasional boss fight.

You score points by defeating the zombies, and gain powerups and higher scores by knocking off the zombies' heads with your hits. You earn distance points for how far each zombie head that you knock off travels. You can also earn combo points in the game.

At the end of each day you complete(or wave of zombies you defeat), you will be given points to upgrade your player stats and abilites. There are 3 Player upgrade meters for you to choose and add the earned points to.
1. Strength- Increases the player's strength to hit the ball.
2. Recovery- Decrease the recovery time needed to hit another ball.
3. Frequency Ball- Increases the frequency of balls thrown for you to hit. When this meter is filled enough you can occasionally hit more than one ball at once at the zombies to earn combos.

Every few days you complete and earn points by defeating zombies and knocking their heads off, a new more powerful bat will be unlocked and added to your arsenal. There are 4 different powerup bats that become available to you throughout the game aside from your standard bat, all with different strengths/effects. The first powerup bat you can earn is a freeze bat which makes the ball freeze the zombie when hit. The second powerup bat that becomes available is a fire bat, which makes the the ball you hit catch fire and burn the zombies when hit. The third powerup bat is an explosion bat, which basically turns the balls you hit at the zombies into bombs. The final powerup bat you can obtain is a nuke bat that will make a hit ball a nuclear weapon when hit at a zombie. All the bat abilities/ammunition are unlimited, this is one of the reasons why the game is easy. You can choose any 2 different style bats you want for each day from your inventory, but common sense will tell you to choose the most powerful ones or the most recent ones you acquire.

This game has some freaky looking zombies and monsters, but the graphics are nothing more than average.
There are plenty of sound effects in the game, they are cool sounds but not exactly recorded with great quality.

There is voice acting in the game but it is very very repetitive, its like an arcade game that reminds you every time you score or do something, in this case the guy who's swinging the bat shouts out lines over and over again (such as "Burning!" or "Yer Dead!")after hitting zombies.

There is no save feature in the game. You cannot leave a game and continue where you left off, unless you pause and do not exit the game. The lack of any save feature is not as big of a deal as one might think, although it would be nice if one were included. I already completed the game, it took about 1 hour. At the end of the game you can submit your score to the online leaderboard. I would say the replay value of the game is pretty good considering its an arcade game and mainly about finishing with a higher score each time you play through.

So how does this stack up against Hit or Die? Well Hit or Die has more crisp graphics, the gameplay concept of the 2 games is basically the same, Zombie Baseball is a little easier and the new bat powers you acquire can be used with no limit during the game. The ball moves a little slower in Zombie Baseball and is easier to hit. In a way it feels like part of the game is in slow motion, but bashing the ball at the zombies and watching them get knocked down, freeze, burn, blow up, get nuked, and having their heads come flying off is still fun, but with only retro effects to go with it

The whole game has an arcade/electronic video game feel to it. Very similar to the flash game. Overall pretty fun. For its price of $.99, I do recommend it. I found the game easy but very enjoyable.
11-28-2009, 05:15 PM