★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Frogger is out in EU

12-23-2008, 06:53 PM
Frogger is out in EU

The title says it all!

I've been waiting for this game since it was announced last week and d/l'd it this evening for 2.39 - I guess that's around $5.

Visually this is very atractive and looks much better that the original Frogger arcade game. I was expecting the original arcade music to play but was greeted by a new soundtrack which is o.k. and continues non-stop throughout gameplay. It would have been good to have the option of the original music clips that I remember so well - many a 1 spent on this in my younger days.

There are 3 control options offered - tap, slide and tilt. I couldn't figure out how to progress using tap. Tilt is also not too good because as you jerk the iPod/iPhone forward to move you lose sight of the playfield and can't see what you're jumping into! Slide is fine except for the start row when it is all too easy to start your slide just under the frog and pause the game. It would have been a better idea to have a pause button at the top of the screen away from the playing area.

For lovers of Frogger I would say that this is a good game and I for one will definately be playing it quite a lot over Christmas.

ChrisH
12-23-2008, 06:54 PM
why is konami releasing games in EU before US? Welcome to toucharcade btw.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
why is konami releasing games in EU before US? Welcome to toucharcade btw.
its out in the us store now too! $5.99 too much cash ill pass
12-23-2008, 06:56 PM
Man this sucks! Hopefully it will come to the US soon along with silent hill.

"Insert generic signature here"
12-23-2008, 06:58 PM
US Link

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
12-23-2008, 06:59 PM
This game has been in the US store forever, people. They even updated it to 2.0 a few days ago