★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Toucharcade's Carter Dotson- "Yes, sign me up for this game right stinking now:"

Enjoy this awesome platformer! You play as a Chel-Z (the robot) that is capable of functioning with a human brain placed inside, which was built by the one and only "Dr. Boss", a twisted mad scientist. You were freed by a secret agent, only for you to escape Dr. Boss notorious experiment lab facility. The game will be offered for free.
We didn't want to be intrusive to the player and allow the player to enjoy the experience. It's a full game that you can play and beat without any micro transactions.

Features
- Go through a platform, packed with action and puzzle like game play.
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art.
- Battle massive bosses and discover new special abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas.
- Gorgeous music produced by Arcane Toaster and DJ Emergency.

DJEmergency's comments:

Chel-Z

Joshua Hale
Genres: Games Action Adventure Entertainment
Free

Quote:
Toucharcade's Carter Dotson- "Yes, sign me up for this game right stinking now:"

Enjoy this awesome platformer! You play as a Chel-Z (the robot) that is capable of functioning with a human brain placed inside, which was built by the one and only "Dr. Boss", a twisted mad scientist. You were freed by a secret agent, only for you to escape Dr. Boss notorious experiment lab facility. The game will be offered for free.
We didn't want to be intrusive to the player and allow the player to enjoy the experience. It's a full game that you can play and beat without any micro transactions.

Features
- Go through a platform, packed with action and puzzle like game play.
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and gorgeous authentic pixel art.
- Battle massive bosses and discover new special abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas.
- Gorgeous music produced by Arcane Toaster and DJ Emergency.

Supported Devices:
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 30.1MB

02-23-2016, 06:09 PM
Love the pixel art! I'm not terribly far into the game yet, but the gameplay is pretty fun. To be honest, not huge on "on screen" touch controls (I don't like seeing them there), but it's not too bad.

iAP: $4.99 to "unlock ads and no longer require internet"

GameCenter: cabuckn

02-23-2016, 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabuckn View Post
Love the pixel art! I'm not terribly far into the game yet, but the gameplay is pretty fun. To be honest, not huge on "on screen" touch controls (I don't like seeing them there), but it's not too bad.

iAP: $4.99 to "unlock ads and no longer require internet"
Thank you for the feedback! For those that don't like touch controls MFi Gamepad support is coming in a future update so no worries
02-23-2016, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEmergency View Post
MFi Gamepad support is coming in a future update so no worries
That's good news! I don't mind the controls being on screen, it's the fact that the controls are visible (reminds me of the clunky Minecraft PE on screen controls). If I could hide the controls (since they're simple), that would be great.

Either way, still enjoying it I'll try to post more impressions later.

02-23-2016, 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabuckn View Post
That's good news! I don't mind the controls being on screen, it's the fact that the controls are visible (reminds me of the clunky Minecraft PE on screen controls). If I could hide the controls (since they're simple), that would be great.

Either way, still enjoying it I'll try to post more impressions later.
Awesome! The more feedback I can get the better. I'll work on getting an option in there to adjust the opacity for the controls. Sounds good?
02-23-2016, 06:17 PM
Maybe it's because it just launched, but I'm not able to buy the IAP. Will keep trying and let you know what happens.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
02-23-2016, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEmergency View Post
Awesome! The more feedback I can get the better. I'll work on getting an option in there to adjust the opacity for the controls. Sounds good?
I think that would be great, but don't spend a ton of time on that based on my single opinion. That was more of my personal pickiness!

Hopefully more will post in the coming days and give additional feedback.

02-23-2016, 06:20 PM
mister DJ, why your game requires iOS 9.2?
02-23-2016, 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by raravan View Post
mister DJ, why your game requires iOS 9.2?
Whoa, didn't even notice that. I'm obviously running 9.2.1 (hence me playing it) but that might turn a lot of folks off.

02-23-2016, 06:26 PM
Hurray, it's out...
Oh crap, ios 9.2 needed...
Ok, next year...

Good luck anyways!