★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Play the USA, UK, Germany, France, Russia or Japan and shape the world during the colonization of the Victorian Era.
Use spies, economic aid, fortification, build your troops and navy, and conquer the world.
Chose between three scenarios, each with their own starting conditions and shape the world in the wake of the 20th century.

OrpheusAI's comments:
Hey everyone,
Just wanted to announce that we've released our game, Colonial Conquest on iOS this week.

Colonial Conquest is a strategy game set in the Victorian Era where you can play the USA, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Russia or Japan against each other in the conquest of the world leading to the 1st World War. You can use troops, navy, spies, fortification, subversion to conquer the world.

The game offers three scenarios starting at different time and development of the colonization phase.

As usual for Argonauts Interactive, we are releasing a game with no IAP and no hidden costs. Hope you'll like it

Colonial Conquest on iOS/iTunes

See you in game
Orpheus

02-23-2016, 08:02 PM
#2
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 3,873
Will you guys have a gameplay trailer? It definitely looks and sounds awesome. I like the entire premise and the era is pretty cool. If you guys have a gameplay video it would be great.

Billy

02-23-2016, 08:12 PM
#3
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4
Indeed, a number of gameplay videos have been done. Here are a couple



02-23-2016, 09:42 PM
#4
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 3,197
This looks like my type of game, bought and downloading. Good luck with the launch OrpheusAI.
02-23-2016, 10:59 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2014
Posts: 669
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
This looks like my type of game, bought and downloading. Good luck with the launch OrpheusAI.
What are your imps ojtitus? It looks like it could play well & be fun. I skipped around the video so maybe I missed it. Is there an in game save so you can exit & come back to finish a game later?

Thanks in advance
02-23-2016, 11:14 PM
#6
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 3,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzinn View Post
What are your imps ojtitus? It looks like it could play well & be fun. I skipped around the video so maybe I missed it. Is there an in game save so you can exit & come back to finish a game later?

Thanks in advance
So far so good, I haven't had much time to play it but from what I did I'm enjoying it. There is a save function. I will report back tomorrow after I've had more time to play.
02-24-2016, 02:29 PM
#7
Gave it a go. Colonial Conquest = Risk - Dice + Ships + Cohersion + Seaonal Actions

Looks like it could be a keeper, and would love to rate it, but it's currently unstable, frequently crashing in between turns.

Fortunately, autosave exists, but the crashes are too frequent to be tolerable, so haven't played enough to assess the AI.

Will give them a chance to address stability, but all other things considered, assuming the AI is decent, this looks very promising.


Edit: restarted iPad and issue cleared up. Will rate once I've played a full game.

Last edited by gmattergames; 02-24-2016 at 05:40 PM.
02-24-2016, 03:04 PM
#8
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: Canton, Ohio
Posts: 3,197
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmattergames View Post
Gave it a go. Colonial Conquest = Risk - Dice + Ships + Cohersion + Seaonal Actions

Looks like it could be a keeper, and would love to rate it, but it's currently unstable, frequently crashing in between turns.

Fortunately, autosave exists, but the crashes are too frequent to be tolerable, so haven't played enough to assess the AI.

Will give them a chance to address stability, but all other things considered, assuming the AI is decent, this looks very promising.
What device and iOS are you on because I'm on an iPad mini 4, iOS 9 and I haven't had a crash yet and I'm several years in gameplay wise.
02-24-2016, 05:23 PM
#9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
What device and iOS are you on because I'm on an iPad mini 4, iOS 9 and I haven't had a crash yet and I'm several years in gameplay wise.
iPad 3, iOS9.2.1

Restarted iPad, issue cleared up, my mistake.

Last edited by gmattergames; 02-24-2016 at 05:39 PM.
02-25-2016, 01:37 AM
#10
Joined: Feb 2016
Location: Montreal
Posts: 4
thanks! let me know if there are issues like that!