★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: SPYR Apps
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 103.1 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Retro Shot elegantly blends fast action slingshot speed with the game of pool in a physics puzzle. It delivers pinball arcade fun with challenging 8 ball angles.

Game Features:

80 Levels of pinball action
4 Retro worlds to dominate: Laser Town, Technopolis, Sunset Beach and Volcano Islands
24 Balls to collect and play
Slingshot to the top of a global pool of players
Challenging physics and geometry puzzles
Exclusive synthwave soundtrack

Rocket through each puzzle based level using your physics skills in this pool style game. Rock out to 80's themed pinball glory, a stylized retro experience like none other. Slingshot more than 24 unique balls using your best strategy, collecting as many coins as you can. Snooker your way to the top of the leaderboards and earn bragging rights over your friends.

Master pinball strategies to overcome angled obstacles and discover hidden rewards to win. Tackle brainteaser stages jam-packed with pinball strategy and puzzles. Blast along to original synth music that slingshots you to a world made for pool and snooker players with true arcade based physics and challenging angles, all waiting to be conquered!

* Please note: an iPhone 5 or iPad 3rd generation is recommended to properly run Retro Shot!

Boardumb's comments:

02-24-2016, 10:36 PM
Wow!

Nice find Boardumb! This game is awesome! It's like pool meets mini golf meets pinball in a great retro neon 80's techno package. You get shown each level before it begins and you can tap and drag and look at the level before every single shot. The control scheme is pretty flawless and there is a crap ton to unlock and hidden areas and all sorts of fun things to do.

The best thing is, and wait for it....... It does have an energy system, ads, and a diamond system BUT these devs know what they are doing. For $4.99 you can buy the package of 250 diamonds which basically disables all ads and gives you infinite energy. On top of this there is Facebook connect cloud save so you won't lose your purchases. So for me this is perfect. I couldn't ask for more.

The game really is fun. It's well made too I haven't had any issues at all. I've already played the first 8 levels and I just want to keep going. I really have to give this one five stars.

Billy

02-25-2016, 02:48 AM
Thanks Billy for that enthusiastic synopsis, I almost passed this by, but this sounds like my kind of game
02-25-2016, 04:21 AM
It looks amazing. Need to upgrade my iPad mini
02-25-2016, 04:47 AM
The App size is not correct, it's not 104,3 MB it says 310 MB on the store & 316 MB installed.
02-25-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm loving this game as well. I hope more people discover its stylish graphics, sound and 80s vibe. It's so pretty and polished, and I get a goofy grin on my face when I play it.
02-25-2016, 05:11 PM
Not nearly as good as I expected. I wouldn't call it bad, but the controls feel really loose and it's hard to tell how much strength you are putting into a shot. It's also very difficult to be precise or make accurate shots as the aimer seems to move around. I make what looks like a straight shot and it goes all wonky on me. Tighten up the aiming and add a gauge that shows how much power I'm putting in to the shot and I'm sold.
03-08-2016, 11:50 AM
Excellent game in my opinion, developers fixed bugs and added GC achievements.