★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The Battle of Polytopia is a turn based strategic adventure. It's a game about ruling the world, fighting evil AI tribes, discovering new lands and mastering new technologies.
Auto generated maps make each game a new experience, with unlimited replay value.
Pick and choose among different tribes. Wander in the dark cold forests of Barduria, explore the steamy Kickoo jungles or claim the lush field of the Imperius empire.

What our players are saying:

"I just can't get over how perfect this game is. It is a wonderfuly unexpected gem. The only thing that I could critique is the price(it's too low)."

"It's mixture of simplicity and strategy are that of straight up brilliance."

"Its a great city building game thats free of the shackles of freemium, and every strategy fan owes it to themselves to give it a shot at some point."
Touch Arcade (Chris Carter)

The battle of Polytopia is the first game from the indie game studio Midjiwan, based in Stockholm, Sweden.
02-25-2016, 02:08 PM
This game looks amazing on the screenshots. It looks like mobile Civilization imo. There's 1 big problem there's no tutorial.

02-25-2016, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by touchy85 View Post
This game looks amazing on the screenshots. It looks like mobile Civilization imo. There's 1 big problem there's no tutorial.
This game is AWESOME!!
Surprise of the week for me, been playing nonstop.
Definitely scratches that "Civ itch" but streamlined for mobile.

I jumped right in and never felt like I needed a tutorial, although it did take one game to learn the finer points. But it's about discovery.

Great game!
The only IAP I could find was 1.99 to unlock a civilization.
02-25-2016, 04:53 PM
Fantastic game, out of nowhere

It plays like a lot like an extremely streamlined Civ except you play a limited amount of turns in order to get the highest score

No ads, timers, energy system etc in sight and a single IAP to unlock an extra civilization

Could use a tutorial but if you've played any Civ game before it pretty much just takes a single game to get the hang of it
02-25-2016, 06:45 PM
This game is great.it's like a bite sized civilization. How isn't this on the hot new games list. The more talk the more attention this awesome game gets.
02-25-2016, 07:13 PM
Really fun
02-25-2016, 09:25 PM
Um... wow. This game is something special. Like, really. I really hope TA does a review. And I hope the devs figure out some way for me to give them more money.

Wow.
02-25-2016, 10:09 PM
I just can't get over how perfect this game is. It is a wonderfuly unexpected gem. The only thing that I could critique is the price(it's too low). Huge Kudos to the Dev, they have created something truely amazing. It has an undeniable Civ feel but is unique at the same time. It is simple yet strategically satifying. It is a nessessity that I didn't realize I was missing until now.
02-25-2016, 10:14 PM
This looks like exactly the game I've been waiting for. Very excited to try it out.
02-25-2016, 10:32 PM
Ooh, I'm intrigued.